Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can I use an eircom router as a standard wireless router

Options
  • 08-10-2008 10:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭

Hey

I was wondering does anybody know if it is possible to use a standard Router that is provided by Eircom as just a router and connect it to my network provider's modem?

Is this possible? If it is, I assume that I need to do something with the firmware on the Router.

Thanks

P

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

Hey

I was wondering does anybody know if it is possible to use a standard Router that is provided by Eircom as just a router and connect it to my network provider's modem?

Is this possible? If it is, I assume that I need to do something with the firmware on the Router.

Thanks

P

Who is your network provider at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭petermijackson

My current network provider is Clearwire - I just need to use this router as a wireless router to replace the Belkin one that I currently use

• Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭Voodoo2

Hey

Thanks

P

No unless it has WAN port - you should see 5 RJ45 connectors on the back - As far as i know you have 4 RJ45 and a RJ11 phone socket connector. You will not be able to use it as a router..

Advertisement