Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Castlevania Fan? - Rhapsody of Ruin - W.I.P Movie

Options
  • 08-10-2008 10:36pm
    Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,599 CMod ✭✭✭✭

http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/463740

Inspired by Alvin-Earthworms 'Super Mario Brothers X' flash series (ie. a Sonic & Mario cross-console game-to-flash animation of awesomeness)

The large majority of people will know Castlevania: Symphony of the Night...

Well I'm basically re-creating a castle-wide brawl between Alucard & Richter Belmont in typical action fashion as a means of learning and adapting to 'Swish' Flash Animation program.

Burning question I have is, considering this is a fight between two 'heroes' of sorts, who would you rather see win?

I'm not so sure how a Castlevania fan would sway towards either, though Alucard seems to be more popular, he hasn't been in all that much and most games he's in are far too easy to guage any challenge or power. I have a soft spot for both and I can't really decide - I mean, if I stick to the SOTN story then Alucard must win to destroy the castle, but hey, Richter was controlled by Shaft in the game - How would he fare in a fight with his own free-will?

Anyways, if you like the idea of a game to flash brawl based on Castlevania and you're a fan of SOTN, would love some ideas.

Regardless - If I get to complete it, it'll be one very fast and frantic fight all over the castle - And it's all up in the air with me making it up as I go, hence I'm looking for more input from people so that it doesn't become a fight based totally on my own thoughts as the fight itself bends a lot of the rules as it is.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Nice to see you're still beavering away on this project, I'll have a quick watch later.
    SotN was the first 'Vania game that I really dragged me in, so I'd have to choose Alucard as the victor

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,418 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

You've been making this for awhile :) Nice to see it's still going forward. I'd have to go with alucard as well despite him being a wuss in 'Vania 3. Richter does kick a lot of ass though. I'm sure you'll have fun with his chain whip attacks. A cameo from Maria using her animal spells would be good but might be hard to find the sprite rips since she was only in the saturn version as a playable character.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,418 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Screw the plot. I remember that Ryu vs. Scorpion one and the worst thing about it was wading through the crappy dialogue to get to the awesome. Did Crank need a plo to be good? :)

Advertisement