Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Octavia RS combi

Options
  • 08-10-2008 11:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 797 ✭✭✭

I see they now do one with the 170bhp diesel engine and the DSG gearbox. I'm driving an '08 Seat Leon FR petrol (2 litre, 200 bhp, DSG). Lovely car, but no room for my fishing rods or my lawnmower, which needs servicing for next year. How mad would I have to be to change?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Zonda999

Not mad at all IMO.An octavia vRS combi is a perfect trade up from your own car.It would definately have room for all your stuff.It now has the CR engine as well.No doubt you know all this already, though...

Or, if you want to stick to a seat...you may have heard of the (new) exeo.From next year, that car will be available in estate form and it will also be available with the same engine as in your leon.It can be got with the 170 diesel from the octavia vRS too afaik

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭E92

Michael G wrote: »
    How mad would I have to be to change?

Daft as a brush I'd say;)!

• Registered Users Posts: 797 ✭✭✭Michael G

Zonda999 wrote: »
    It now has the CR engine as well.No doubt you know all this already, though...
    I'm ashamed to ask you, but what is the CR engine?

• Registered Users Posts: 797 ✭✭✭Michael G

E92 wrote: »
    Daft as a brush I'd say;)! Since September 24, Inter Urban dual carriageways have been upgraded to Motorways 24 meaning the speed limit was raised from 100 km/h to 120 km/h
    Have they? I thought it was just a statment of intention and the Plods could still get us until it was made legal.

But anyway why would I be daft to change my little Seat for an Octavia Combi?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,590 ✭✭✭tossy

CR is common rail,all the new vag engines will be common rail from now on,the new VRS diesels have it,the new A4,the new golf will have it,no more TDI or red I red D bullshizen!

I don't think you are made to change up the VRS combi's are sweet,but go for the 2.0TFSI not the diesel as you will be a little let down after driving a lighter faster car.

Not knocking the diesel great car,great tax etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,245 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

tossy wrote: »
    CR is common rail,all the new vag engines will be common rail from now on,the new VRS diesels have it,the new A4,the new golf will have it,no more TDI or red I red D bullshizen!

The old 1.9 TDi is actually still being offered in the new Skoda Superb.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭E92

Michael G wrote: »
    Have they? I thought it was just a statment of intention and the Plods could still get us until it was made legal.

But anyway why would I be daft to change my little Seat for an Octavia Combi?

See Commuting and Transport for more re speed limit upgrades. It affects most of the Dual Carriageways on the main roads from Dublin to the regional cities. They changed around 260 km of these Inter Urban DCs to Motorways on the 24th of September and raised the speed limit to 120 km/h.

The reason I said you'd be daft is because you'd be changing a high depreciating car in for another, and this in the time of a recession and nobody buying nearly new cars at the moment.

FWIW the Octavia is getting a facelift for 2009, and this will result in lower CO2 emitting engines, including the 1.4 TSI replacing the 1.6 FSI and the 2.0 TDI CR 140 replacing the the 2.0 TDI PD 140.

Advertisement