Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

10k-ish to spend

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭DanGerMus

Anyone any advice on my last two posts at all. Could do with some for peace of mind.

http://www.carzone.ie/search/BMW/M3/M3/200846190873728/advert

Eh, if this is real i would deffinately go for it!!?!

• Registered Users Posts: 65,455 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Jaysis, DanGerMus. You're giving me hypertension. The coupe E46 with the six pot petrol engine is a great car by all means. If you're thinking of buying one, have it checked out by a trusted mechanic first (or much better, by a sound independent BMW garage)

And please, please, please, check the number of digits in the phone number of a carzone ad that looks good value. 7 digits means a Dublin number, 8 digits means a Lagos number or worse...

Sorry about that unkel. Got a bit excited there. Anxiuos about buying something as i really haven't any confidence in my knowledge and my lack of experience. But really want the car.

That M3 a no no then, if it's too good to be true it probably is and all that.:o. I should know better.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 65,455 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

DanGerMus wrote: »
    if it's too good to be true it probably is and all that.:o. I should know better.

No need to beat yourself up. But it might be an idea to look at the new sticky

But I like your thinking. E46 M3s are very very good value at the moment. Sure they'll cost you a good bit more to run than the lower end six pot you were aiming for, but that said, why not do the sums?

Never a better time to buy a performance car :D

And drive it :D

Well i know what i want is a quick and sporty e46 coupe. I just love the shape of it. I don't do a lot of milage as i live exactly 5mins from work (maybe i can get it down to 3 :Dlol). So petrol cost while i'm not completely ignoring it is not a huge worry. Main thing is Tax and insurance. I'm 26 with 2 years licence no claims but 5plus named driver so insurance isn't much. I'm paying cash that i've saved so i'll have no loan repayments.

So i'm quite happy to put myself in a 325ci 330ci or even an m3(not possible for 10k i think) if it comes in around the 10k mark (12 at a push but it would have to be special and include a years tax). Sport trim prefered. Must be full leather and Cannot be Blue.

One question though is that they're are a lot of these cars in auto or tiptronic. Are all the autos tiptronic as well. Will auto detract from the car?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,776 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

So i'm quite happy to put myself in a 325ci 330ci or even an m3(not possible for 10k i think) if it comes in around the 10k mark (12 at a push but it would have to be special and include a years tax). Sport trim prefered. Must be full leather and Cannot be Blue.

One question though is that they're are a lot of these cars in auto or tiptronic. Are all the autos tiptronic as well. Will auto detract from the car?

My sister in law did the same thing: mind you, I heard she was looking to change her 323Ci a while ago...........must check.

Anyhoo - it's a gorgeous car - and I'm not a BeeEmm person, tbh. It is miles, miles, better than her 318Ci she had before that. I dunno, maybe when they make the cheaper one..........they just make them........cheaper !

As for the Auto/Tiptronic thing - actually, in a car of that class, it's a plus. (My 0.02....) Your forgetting that it's still a big powerful engine, and imho the Tip box just adds to the civility of it.

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 447 ✭✭siralfalot

BMWs??? pah...

you want one of these!!! link :p:p:D ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,837 ✭✭✭S.I.R

http://www.carzone.ie/search/Lotus/Elise/locost-7/200847190933823/advert

who needs a roof or practicality anyways when you can be racing driver lal day long ??

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 447 ✭✭siralfalot

S.I.R wrote: »
    http://www.carzone.ie/search/Lotus/Elise/locost-7/200847190933823/advert

who needs a roof or practicality anyways when you can be racing driver lal day long ??

dear god thats fabulous! :eek::cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭HashSlinging

Did you see that guys selection of transport!! amazing choice..

• Registered Users Posts: 51,245 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

http://www.carzone.ie/search/BMW/M3/M3/200846190873728/advert

Eh, if this is real i would deffinately go for it!!?!

Lowlife scammers. Are those photos of Cyrus's M3? Surely that interior is fairly unique in this country anyway?

http://www.driving.ie/usedcars/index.cfm?fuseaction=car&carID=1262629

Lads what do you think would be absolute best price i could hope to pay for this?

go on will ye.

Advertisement