Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post Office - robbery? Fingals?

Options
  • 09-10-2008 10:47am
    Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone know what happened in the post office on cardiffbridge road yesterday. pulled into the caroark at around 4.45pm yesterday, loads of unmarked cars, an ambulance, two securicor vans and a about 10 "young fellas" on horses.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Err... it was Finglass ffs, you could drive around there all day and never leave the scene of a crime :p

But seriously, probably just a 'run of the mill' robbery.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

I'd be amazed if any of the halfwits made any money from a robbery these days.
    Stupid prats tried to rob the chipper last year and one of them ended up getting scalded by a 6 stone girl who works there.
    If the cops want to know who did what,just make a few journeys on the 40a..bunch of imbeciles are always giving away names and details of crimes at the tops of thir voices.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Degsy wrote: »
    I'd be amazed if any of the halfwits made any money from a robbery these days.
    Stupid prats tried to rob the chipper last year and one of them ended up getting scalded by a 6 stone girl who works there.
    If the cops want to know who did what,just make a few journeys on the 40a..bunch of imbeciles are always giving away names and details of crimes at the tops of thir voices.

Was it The Hole in the Wall chipper?.

You'd wanna be a tough cookie to take on that place.

Mairt wrote: »
    Was it The Hole in the Wall chipper?.

You'd wanna be a tough cookie to take on that place.

yep thats it.
    Some lithuanian girl doused yer man with scalding oil and he ran off screaming like a woman.
    He was nicked round the corner too.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

Mairt wrote: »
    Err... it was Finglass ffs, you could drive around there all day and never leave the scene of a crime :p

But seriously, probably just a 'run of the mill' robbery.

its a pain though, i wanted to post something

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

I heard the sort media was robbed yesterday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,418 ✭✭✭Jip

This I'd say is what you saw
    Two men in custody after gun seizure in Dublin
    Thursday October 09 2008

Two men are in garda custody in Dublin following the discovery of a revolver and a quantity of ammunition in Finglas yesterday.

The discovery was made during a raid on a house on Cardiffsbridge Road.

The two men in custody are both in their 40s.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

Des wrote: »
    I heard the sort media was robbed yesterday.

:P:P:P:P
    Jip wrote: »
    This I'd say is what you saw

not unless the raid took place in the post office and involved two money vans, as a diversion.

Or may be they just locked the post office because the men go there at the same time every wednesday but they forgot to tell the security vans that the shop was closed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭patser grey

the security van was robbed outside the post office, some fella got the box of money from the guard and got away

the security van was robbed outside the post office, some fella got the box of money from the guard and got away

Arent those boxes alarmed or full of purple dye or something?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

the dye can be frozen but..

Well if if the local criminal masterminds are anything to go by,there's some stupid clown walking round finglas the colour of a beetroot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭patser grey

yea they have a dye that explodes, but they have ways around it, next time you inspect your few €50's have a look around the edges for little red dye marks, or in your local neighbourhood for somebody with red hands and face, anyway I thought 10 years ago they could have put a simple GPS transmitter into the lining of the box, but obviously they did'nt or dont want to???,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

Those dyed notes are in the news http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/breaking/2008/1010/breaking52.htm
    IT wrote:
    Gardaí have warned the public to look out for banknotes that were discoloured by a red security dye during a robbery in Dublin this week.

A security van was held up as it making a lodgement to Cappagh post office in Finglas at about 4.20pm on Wednesday.

A gunman confronted one of the security staff and stole a moneybox containing an undisclosed amount of cash before escaping on a waiting motorcycle driven by an accomplice.

A Garda spokesman said the money box was fitted with a security device that sprays dye onto notes when it is opened. He said it is believed the tainted notes could now be in circulation in the capital.

Advertisement