Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vista not recognising Sata Hard drives

Options
  • 09-10-2008 10:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭

I bought a few things of hardwareversand for a new build.
    Namely 2 Mator diamond max 22 500 GB and a Gigabyte GA-P31-S3G with the hope of setting up a raid 0.
    I now think that my mobo doesn’t do raid.

First I couldn't vista on either one. So I installed vista 64bit on an old 160 GB ide HD. Vista only seems to find one hard drive.
    The set up now is Ide HD master 1, ide DVD slave1, sata HD master 2, sata HD master 3.
    I’ve got the newest bios, installed all the updates. But can’t boot Maxtor maxblast because it doesn’t recognise any of the hds as Maxtor.

I really don’t have a clue.

Checked the mobo website and it recommends installed HD drivers and the Maxtor website says that I have to install the mobo drivers.
    I'm getting no where...

Any suggestions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭glomar

you will need to slipstream the operating system cd to include the sata controllers drivers

Try using nlite for this , its free to download and should do what you need it to do

Advertisement