Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSU Cables,not sure where to put them on motherboard

Options
  • 09-10-2008 10:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    Got a whole new computer,all parts,got everything together on the case except for two cables from the PSU, cant use the manual it came with too because it is in dutch :( The cables are exactly the same as the "PW SW" and "reset switch" cable attached to the case, the cables are called "PC-BUTTON-SW" and "MB-SW", the pc-button-sw has two pins on it instead of the mb-sw which is a socket.

This is the PSU http://www.komplett.ie/k/ki.aspx?sku=313805

4-servo63.jpg

The cables like this only theres two holes instead of three. and the pc-button-sw cable has two pins.

If anyone understands what im saying and has any idea where they go it would be a great help,im seriously lost.

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,313 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

rejkin wrote: »
    Hi,
    Got a whole new computer,all parts,got everything together on the case except for two cables from the PSU, cant use the manual it came with too because it is in dutch :( The cables are exactly the same as the "PW SW" and "reset switch" cable attached to the case, the cables are called "PC-BUTTON-SW" and "MB-SW", the pc-button-sw has two pins on it instead of the mb-sw which is a socket.

This is the PSU http://www.komplett.ie/k/ki.aspx?sku=313805

The cables like this only theres two holes instead of three. and the pc-button-sw cable has two pins.

If anyone understands what im saying and has any idea where they go it would be a great help,im seriously lost.

Little hard to see, bit I believe it's the fan monitor cable, so looke for a three pin header marked something like psu_fan or similar.

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭rejkin

Spear wrote: »
    Little hard to see, bit I believe it's the fan monitor cable, so looke for a three pin header marked something like psu_fan or similar.

No that piture is just a pic i got off the internet to show what its like,its not three pins,the piece is actually like this

http://www.opussolutions.net/catalog/images/2pin_PWRSW.jpg

Sorry this is more what im talking about,its exactly the same as the black piece in that link. It has a tag on it saying "MB-SW" I can take a few pics of the cable when i get home,that will prob help matters.
    I say MB means motherboard switch but since the instructions are in dutch i dnt have a clue :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 16,683 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

One is a fan monitor cable, the other is a psu power on cable if you want to bypass the motherboard and turn the PSU on (usually as a second PSU running the cooling system for example). You're safe not to use them.

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭rejkin

astrofool wrote: »
    One is a fan monitor cable, the other is a psu power on cable if you want to bypass the motherboard and turn the PSU on (usually as a second PSU running the cooling system for example). You're safe not to use them.

Brilliant! thats what i wanted to clear up,never come across em before so was surprised they where there. Thanks!!:D

*EDIT*

Ok just realised the psu cam with no power cable,got one from the old pc and that is 250volt,10amp connector,wil that be run ok with the 230volt,4amp psu?

Advertisement