Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Microsoft announces the New Xbox Experience release date...

• 09-10-2008 11:09am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,813 ✭✭✭

Only 40 Days to go till your XBox gets morphed into a Wii360.

The New Xbox Experience is coming November 19th

John Schappert, Corporate Vice President of Xbox LIVE, Services and Software, announced today during his Tokyo Game Show keynote that the New Xbox Experience will ship to Xbox 360's around the world (in 26 countries, localized in 11 languages) on November 19th 2008.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,189 ✭✭✭PADRAIC.M

what does mean for the normal layman man like myself?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,091 ✭✭✭Biro

PADRAIC.M wrote: »
    what does mean for the normal layman man like myself?
    It means the world as you know it will be changed for ever!
    Also, if you have a Wii, your Mii will have to be made up all over again on your Xbox, but they'll have nothing to do with each other, as Nintendo and Microsoft remain different companies.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,212 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

This is a big 'meh' for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

Kiith wrote: »

Not for me it's not.

Everything about this new GUI is better than the blades. I'm not overly interested in the avatars, but I'll get over them for what to me is a fantastic interface!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,189 ✭✭✭PADRAIC.M

in terms of xbox live will it really effect my game play much?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Loading times of HDD Vs DVD shown in detail.....

I'll be looking forward to that!!!!

Dont mind the gay avatars!

:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

BOFH_139 wrote: »
    Only 40 Days to go till your XBox gets morphed into a Wii360.
    too slow *cough*

Kiith wrote: »

+1

Not really looking forward to this but if I can make my Wii-atar look like my Halo / Oblivion avatar, I'll be happy enough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 599 ✭✭✭TheWitch06

This should be good. Especially the HDD install. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,813 ✭✭✭BaconZombie

The HD install is the main feature I'm looking forward to as well.

I started playing Jericho this week, is display text during the loading screens that are shown like somebody is typing then in realtime but it freezes for ~1-2sec during this while waiting for the disc to spinup which is really annoying.
    TheWitch06 wrote: »
    This should be good. Especially the HDD install. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Gamerpics ftw.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 599 ✭✭✭TheWitch06

BOFH_139 wrote: »
    The HD install is the main feature I'm looking forward to as well.

I started playing Jericho this week, is display text during the loading screens that are shown like somebody is typing then in realtime but it freezes for ~1-2sec during this while waiting for the disc to spinup which is really annoying.

The reason i want it to speed up the loading time for VF5. It's 15-20secs or something.

It's not a major problem but seeming as though it is introducing the HDD install. You have to look forward to it. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭Ri_Nollaig

Xbox Experience as in Xbox XP, microsoft are not only ripping off the mii idea, they are also copying (reusing) their own names :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 ragbak

I'm actually looking forward to it, because it will be easier (at least easier on the eye) to join and create parties. And it looks nice :)

Advertisement