Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

friendly driving school in Cork

Options
  • 09-10-2008 11:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭

hi

Mr sf has a date for a driving test early November. He has been driving for several years (holds an international licence, unfortunately not from the EU) but needs to take a few lessons to brush up his knowledge on the less obvious stuff when driving. could anyone recommend a good driving school in Cork? We live in Blackrock, and he works in the centre, so anywhere around this area, or, for that matter, anywhere in Cork would be great.

many thanks for your help
    sf

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭kingtut

Hi sf, I had my driving lessons and my driving test in Blackrock. Had a brilliant instructor who was recommended to me by a colleague. I highly recommended him. He charges €35 an hour (at least he did when I was with him around April/May).

If you would like his number then PM me and I will give it to you.

Best of luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

Gave vouchers for this guy to a friend and she said he was pretty good. Think he'll meet you anywhere but by one of the test centres is best.

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭scaryfairy

kingtut wrote: »
    Hi sf, I had my driving lessons and my driving test in Blackrock. Had a brilliant instructor who was recommended to me by a colleague. I highly recommended him. He charges €35 an hour (at least he did when I was with him around April/May).

If you would like his number then PM me and I will give it to you.

Best of luck.

hi kingtut,

many thanks, if you could send me his contact details, that would be great.
    sf

Gave vouchers for this guy to a friend and she said he was pretty good. Think he'll meet you anywhere but by one of the test centres is best.

hi,

many thanks, sounds good (mr sf has also found them on a website that lists NC approved (?) schools)

cheers
    sf

• Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭DJ Hafez

45/hour from that Top Gear school is very expensive. The average is 35. AA School of Motoring is quite good so I've heard.

• Advertisement

many thanks will look them up
    cheers
    sf

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,428 ✭✭✭sunnyside

DJ Hafez wrote: »
    45/hour from that Top Gear school is very expensive. The average is 35. AA School of Motoring is quite good so I've heard.

Anyone know if there's a particular reason it costs more? Is it better than some of the others?

Do any of these people charge you less for doing the lessons in your own car to allow for petrol costs?

• Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭DJ Hafez

sunnyside wrote: »
    Anyone know if there's a particular reason it costs more? Is it better than some of the others?

Do any of these people charge you less for doing the lessons in your own car to allow for petrol costs?

Highly doubt it. Probably just charging more because he knows people will pay it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,428 ✭✭✭sunnyside

I look forward to the day when I won't need lessons any more.

scaryfairy wrote: »
    hi kingtut,

many thanks, if you could send me his contact details, that would be great.
    sf

sorry for the delay. details are in your inbox.

• Advertisement

sunnyside wrote: »
    I look forward to the day when I won't need lessons any more.

Don't worry you won't have to take them forever and it will all be worth it in the end!! Remember everytime you go out on the road you are learning even when there is no instructor present. Good luck!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭suppafly

I know a really good guy for driving Lessons too for €35 an hr. He's an English guy called Mick O'Brian. Helped me pass in one good. Helped me get rid of any bad habits i had and told me exactly what they would want and be looking for in the test. Did my test in Blackrock. Fairly easy area to do it. Avoid doing it in Sarsfields if u can. Anyone who wants his number PM me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 roggo69

most driving schools are 40 euro per lesson but some charge 60 euro a lesson what a rip off i got my lessons for 30 euro from a man called chris i passed 1st time after 3 lessons in wilton friendly and verry good and A.D.I /R.S.A approved name AAA school of motoring :D

No phone numbers in the thread, If someone wants the number they will either ask or find it themselves. - Castie

Advertisement