Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Cheapest Quote

Options
  • 09-10-2008 12:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭

I've been looking around for a cheapest quote possible, anyone have any information in regards to this?
    I was insured with AXA(cheapest quote in my experienece) but I believed they have cancelled it. In regards to AXA is it possible to set up a new policy under my name?
    Or would I be on a blacklist due to not meeting payments?
    I hold a provisional licence, and I drive a 1.0ltr 99 opel corsa. Any advice would be welcomed.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,245 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

There is no exact science with insurance quotes. I might get a cheap quote from a particular insurance company but the same company may be the most expensive for you.

The only advice I can give is to get out the goldenpages and ring them all and go with the one that is the cheapest but offers the best cover.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 448 ✭✭Guvnor

www.nononsense.ie are basic but have cheap no frills quotes especially with a high excess. Part of FBD but no chance of the same price from FBD!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭vodkadub

No luck with nononsense, they only insure you if you have at least 12 months no claims, I'm not driving that long. Decent quote though on their website

• Registered Users Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Bogger77

vodkadub wrote: »
    I was insured with AXA(cheapest quote in my experienece) but I believed they have cancelled it. In regards to AXA is it possible to set up a new policy under my name?
    Or would I be on a blacklist due to not meeting payments?

You will have to answer Yes the "have you had insurance cancelled for any reason" question on the forms. This will either raise the premium, or make you unquotable.

Advertisement