Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Warning - Online Purchases!

• 09-10-2008 12:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭

I made the mistake recently of trying to buy a camera on www.purelygadgets.co.uk. They gave a great price on a Panasonic TZ5 with a memory card. It didn't arrive, depite promises and they kept telling me it was just about to be shipped.

In the end I had to cancel my order under the European Distance Selling Regulations and threaten them with the Irish police if they didn't return my money (they took the money from my credit card straight away when I ordered of course).

Stay away from them!!!

R

P.S. Anyone know a decent and reputable online shop where I could buy my TZ5???:)

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,517 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

http://www.digitalrev.com/ and there two ebay shops are pretty good, never had problems with them
    also http://www.warehouseexpress.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 169 ✭✭el_loco_blanco

Pixmania is very good. They are based in France and so far I have bought 5 items from them and they were very reliable. They will accept laser cards. Make sure though that you watch out for the zen engagement. You have to go through a few clicks of the mouse to get rid of it.

Komplete.ie is an irish company that offer great deals on some camera and other electronic equipment. We use them in work and again there was never a problem. These only accept credit cards or you can post off a cheque

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

Re the above... I'd use Komplett over Pixmania given the choice.

I have had both good and bad experiences with Pixmania, but only good with Komplett.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭mathias

Komplete.ie is an irish company

I would recommend komplett too , I have a huge spend history with them , even got my TV off them , but they are not Irish .... they have an Irish site though. ( and a depot in Blanchardstown)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,942 ✭✭✭Danbo!

mathias wrote: »
    I would recommend komplett too , I have a huge spend history with them , even got my TV off them , but they are not Irish .... they have an Irish site though. ( and a depot in Blanchardstown)

and now have a pickup point in blanchardstown if you are worried about delivery.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,488 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Komplete.ie is an irish company ...
    They're actually Norwegian ...

http://www.komplett.ie/k/k.asp?action=custserv&topic=info

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

And they have a forum here on boards!
    http://boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=241
    as do Elara

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭leche solara

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭rosullivan

5uspect wrote: »
    And they have a forum here on boards!
    http://boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=241
    as do Elara

Thanks- got it on Pixmania fora decent price. Plus paid by PayPal so got to use some of my balance there :).

Komplett not perfect either. I bought a hard drive from them. They sent me the tracking number. A week later, the tracking status was still "With Sender". Komplett told me it must be An Post's fault - they said they only got the tracking number when it actually shipped. 5 minutes later, An Post were able to tell me from the tracking number that it was a pre-printed number they gave to Komplett and that Komplett had scanned it into the system they day I placed my order, but the package had not been prepared for collection by An Post yet - a week later. When I phoned Komplett back with that information,they admitted it. I ended up having to cancel that order and place another one. Let's see if that arrives.

Why do online retailers feelthey have tolie to their customers? Do they not realise goodcustomer service is they key to repeat business, no matter how low the prices are?

(Going to put this on the Komplett board as well - thanks!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 169 ✭✭el_loco_blanco

You learn something new everyday.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,517 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Oh I'd also recommend Komplett, I've bought about 8K worth of stuff from them and only ever had two issues once was the item was faulty when received which they replaced no questions asked, the other An Post kicked about the place and broke it and Komplett replaced this also.
    No problems getting queries answered either :)

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

rosullivan wrote: »

(Going to put this on the Komplett board as well - thanks!)

That's why its there. Give 'em hell!

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭patrick whitty

i ordered a printer from komplete and got it in three days
    patrick

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭ozzirt

I have dealt extensively with EBay sellers for several years, and never had any problems. Of course, this has the problem of no backup service should something go wrong. You have to decide whether it's worth the risk.

On one occasion I bought a faulty 2Gb SD card, I described the problem (it needed reformatting every few downloads), and the Chinese seller replaced it without question and even said not to bother returning it.

These people do a lot of Internet business, and they are very careful not to get bad press as EBay will wipe them very quickly should they get too many complaints.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Butterbear

I too bought on Digitaal Rev. I got a Nikon D80 kit with two lenses and had absoloutly no problems: they delivered in 4 days. Paid a small amount of tax. Generally very happy with the purcahse and would highly reccommend them.

Advertisement