Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Another Sony Exclusive bites the dust....Tekken 6

• 09-10-2008 12:35pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭

Taken from Kotaku :

http://kotaku.com/5060873/tekken-6-coming-to-xbox-360

During his keynote at the 2008 Tokyo Game Show, Microsoft's John Schappert announced that beloved fighting franchise Tekken would be making the leap to the Xbox 360 in 2009 with Tekken 6. The Xbox 360 version will feature the Bloodline Rebellion update that recently went live in Japanese arcades, which introduces two new characters, Alisa Boskonovich and Lars Alexanderson. This marks the first time the series has appeared outside of a Sony, and while it isn't an exclusive, Tekken 6 with Xbox Live multiplayer is a major boon for 360 owners around the world. Look for it next fall.

Ouchy, the reason a lot of my sony mates never bought an xbox was primarily Tekken and Final Fantasy, oh how times can change!!!

:p

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,620 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Tekken isnt much of a big lost anyway

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,797 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Who cares with SFIV on the way :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

I sooooooo need a fighting stick for SF4, my sis is off to NYC early Nov, what one will be out in time that I can get her to pick up? Maybe one of the DOA4 ones?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 599 ✭✭✭TheWitch06

Yes, Yes, YESSSSSSSSSSSSS!

Oh thank god, no extra money needed to be wasted on a Ps3 now.

Sony fanboys are probably disgusted over this. :pac:

Fieldog wrote: »
    I sooooooo need a fighting stick for SF4, my sis is off to NYC early Nov, what one will be out in time that I can get her to pick up? Maybe one of the DOA4 ones?

The DoA4 one is identical to this one here.

http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-dd-49-en-15-hori-70-26p2.html

or. . .

You could wait until this one comes back in stock...

http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-dd-77-m-49-en-15-hori-70-2sxk.html

OR!

You could just wait until the SF4 one comes out when it's released. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭RAIN

Sony Just got pwoned.

Yeaaaah i hope this means wel see tekken 2 on marketplace !!

RAIN wrote: »
    Sony Just got pwoned.

Yeaaaah i hope this means wel see tekken 2 on marketplace !!

Why Tekken 2? :confused:

Tekken 3 imo or if they decide to bring out DR for XBL Arcade that would be sOoOoOoO good!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 335 ✭✭emurphy

TheWitch06 wrote: »
    Yes, Yes, YESSSSSSSSSSSSS!

Oh thank god, no extra money needed to be wasted on a Ps3 now.

Sony fanboys are probably disgusted over this. :pac:

HAHAHA you hit the nail on the head with that one!!!:p

I have to say I love tekken and cant wait for this. Its the only game from the playstation that I miss cause DOA just doesnt do it for me at all.

Looking forward to SF too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Yeah!!! take that gh3ystation fanbois!!! 360 just did a 180 on your bitch asses!!!

etc etc...
    The PSN title didn't do anything for me, so Namco would want to have something special up their sleeves if they expect me to buy either version of the next Tekken game

emurphy wrote: »
    HAHAHA you hit the nail on the head with that one!!!:p

I have to say I love tekken and cant wait for this. Its the only game from the playstation that I miss cause DOA just doesnt do it for me at all.

Looking forward to SF too.

I know, it's the truth!

The only thing that bothers me is the release date. . .

Fall 2009?

Sad.

SFIV will have to do me until then which I have a feeling it will. :p

• Advertisement

theyll wont be any exclusive games anymore

except first party games

just not enough money in exclusive

the next step is where microsoft and sony battle out

and this will be online content

im not pushed tbh about exclusives

i get most of my games on the ps3 because for me its relieable and Quiet and all the games are region free

xbox 360 is a great console and has xbox live but i dont have xbox live so dont care for it
    if i wasnt noisey ,it would be a brilliant console

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭brian plank

Taken from Kotaku :

http://kotaku.com/5060873/tekken-6-coming-to-xbox-360

During his keynote at the 2008 Tokyo Game Show, Microsoft's John Schappert announced that beloved fighting franchise Tekken would be making the leap to the Xbox 360 in 2009 with Tekken 6. The Xbox 360 version will feature the Bloodline Rebellion update that recently went live in Japanese arcades, which introduces two new characters, Alisa Boskonovich and Lars Alexanderson. This marks the first time the series has appeared outside of a Sony, and while it isn't an exclusive, Tekken 6 with Xbox Live multiplayer is a major boon for 360 owners around the world. Look for it next fall.

Ouchy, the reason a lot of my sony mates never bought an xbox was primarily Tekken and Final Fantasy, oh how times can change!!!

:p

how sad are you?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭rizzla

how sad are you?

How is he sad? He's just reporting some news. Your comment is basic flame baiting.

Only beat em up I care about is SF.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,797 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

xbox 360 is a great console and has xbox live but i dont have xbox live so dont care for it
    if i wasnt noisey ,it would be a brilliant console

Never bothers me during games at all. During DVDs it can be a bit of a distraction.

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Never bothers me during games at all. During DVDs it can be a bit of a distraction.

suppose it depends on the person

im the type that cant bare the tick tock of clocks(how bad is that:))

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

Another game I was going to buy for the PS3 but will get on the 360 now.
    (I prefer the 360 controller at this stage for all games).

Anyone know where I can pick up some dusters for my PS3?
    It's not getting much use as of late.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 339 ✭✭hideous ape

In-game noise will be gone once the ability to run games from the Hardisk is released. GTA IV running side by side on both Hardisk and DVD...loads faster and should run much smoother on Hardisk. This will be introduced in the New Xbox Experience:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w2yjeZg9qjA

Once Jasper is available I'll get a 360 and to get rid of noise when watching movies I'll just stream video and music from TVersity on my PC to the Xbox....no more noise on a 360 ever again:)
    Only took Microsoft a few years, the mother of all engineering balls ups and 1.15 Billion dollars in lost revenue to eventually release the console that they should have launched originally.

Well until this new batch RROD just before New Year's Day:rolleyes:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

I'm sure there are people that are definately excited by this, but I personally couldn't care less. Tekken just doesn't do it for me at all. Waiting for Street Fighter 4!

• Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭overexcitedaj

Yeh i used to love Tekken but now Ive got DOA4 and i couldn't care less. it is going to be funny though as to what those PS3 fanboys say about this. Must be a horrible blow for them. :D

how sad are you?

Sad enough to own a big black paper weight just like you do brian, you plank...... :p

I was reporting 360 related news in an xbox forum!

Now, run along back to the PS3 forum, ill join you in about a year when a decent PS3 game comes out....

:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

ill still be getting this on the ps3 tbh, dpad on the 360 is useless

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

Helix wrote: »
    ill still be getting this on the ps3 tbh, dpad on the 360 is useless

http://gizmodo.com/5039355/new-official-xbox-360-controller-spotted

;)

Helix is right bout the D-pad, it is useless, likin the official MS one, pity they didnt make the DPad more PS-like....

But ive evolved since SF2HF came out, I started attempting to play it with the dpad but im pulling out all the moves with the analogue now....

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭CapRooney

Sad enough to own a big black paper weight just like you do brian, you plank...... :p

I was reporting 360 related news in an xbox forum!

Now, run along back to the PS3 forum, ill join you in about a year when a decent PS3 game comes out....

:rolleyes:

Uncharted, MGS4, Resistance, Motorstorm not to mention Resistance 2, LittleBigPlanet, Motorstorm 2 coming out this year not to mention the exclusives coming out next year. What exclusives does the 360 have out in 2009 bar some Halo expansion and possibly Alan Wake???

• Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭overexcitedaj

Anyone agree that motorstorm was one big let down. I wanted a Ps3 so bad but when i played motorstorm followed by Ridge Racer i was shocked at how poor these 2 games were so I went off and bought a 360. So glad with my choice now.

CapRooney wrote: »
    Uncharted, MGS4, Resistance, Motorstorm not to mention Resistance 2, LittleBigPlanet, Motorstorm 2 coming out this year not to mention the exclusives coming out next year. What exclusives does the 360 have out in 2009 bar some Halo expansion and possibly Alan Wake???

jesus christ grow up theyre feckin video games

this fanboyism nonsense is pathetic

you didnt make any of the games so stop touting them as if youre proud of them or something

you walked into a shop and bought a console, just like anyone on the planet can do. that doesnt make you smarter than anyone else.

i have all the consoles, the 360 is still the better purchase, despite me having 40 odd ps3 games

Anyone agree that motorstorm was one big let down.
    aye i thought it was bloody dreadful

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭CapRooney

i have all the 3 consoles aswell after purchasing a 360 arcade recently too.

its not fanboyism at all. He stated there was no decent PS3 games out and I just pointed out there are. That's all. Personally I really don't care bout Tekken as I am more looking forward to Street Fighter IV. Tbh I thought MotorStorm was a good game. Its no Forza or Burnout though!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,729 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Wait wait wait... how are you guys gonna perform triple-EWGF on Xbox 360 pads?? :confused:

Anyway, this didn't kill Tekken 6 for me.

Bounce combos & waiting another year did.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 253 ✭✭EvilWonka

seriously i don't think loyalty is a virute game developers care about anymore. It's all about money now, the more platforms a game is available on, the more money they make.

and yes yes before i get crucified i know there are developers out there who are still loyal and keep games exclusive

Advertisement