Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Creating browser session with information

Options
  • 09-10-2008 1:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭

Hi,

Seemed to run into a wall here regarding sessions. Im currently running an application which is hosting a browser. When i click on a link which requires a new browser session to open, i lose all the session data and am forced to log back in.

I was just wondering if there is such a thing as creating a new browser session with information already inside which it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭Evil Phil

You should be able to do it. What language are you using? php, asp, asp.net?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭gerryjuice

Evil Phil wrote: »
    You should be able to do it. What language are you using? php, asp, asp.net?

Using Java, (j2ee + jsp's). Is it possible to create a browser session and give set a session cookie ID on it? Is this what happens when a parent browser session spawns a child browser session?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭gerryjuice

Actually come to think of it the parent + child browser sessions are using the same process and therefore can share the same information.

As the new browser session is creating a new process, it cant share the same session infomation as the browser running on the application.

Will see if i can create a browser session on a new process with specfic session info.

Advertisement