Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TUF 8 **Contains Spoilers**

• 09-10-2008 1:12pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 225 ✭✭

Junie Browning....total psycho.

Just watched episodes 3 and 4, and to be honest, if I was in that house, I wouldn't be feeling too safe at all. The guy has an obvious drink problem, and is possibly bi polar too.
    Dana gave him a second chance after the latest alcohol fuelled destruction/violence in the house. I can't wait to see what happens next week after he jumped the fence after this weeks fight and once again went nuts, having to be restrained in ring.

Anybody else have an opinion on him??

And without starting another thread, does anybody know of Irish lads trying out for TUF 9 in London in the next few weeks(the 20th of October I think)? An Irish fighter or two would be great to see, and would give MMA a much bigger profile in Ireland.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

LOL - he was an absolute nutjob last night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

odin_ie wrote: »
    Anybody else have an opinion on him??

Dana White called it best. He is a drunken retard.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭kelator

How come Shane had to fight when he wasnt half as bad as Junie, who seemed to get away with it all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,632 ✭✭✭SuperWoody101

kelator wrote: »
    How come Shane had to fight when he wasnt half as bad as Junie, who seemed to get away with it all.

I was thought that aswell, They must see something in Junie, if they don't kick him out for what he did last night it's a joke. But I can't wait to see next weeks show to see what will happen, mybe that is why they are keeping him in the house.

He has to be gone next week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,043 ✭✭✭cletus

apart from seeing junie the drunken retard, I cant wait to see Anderson Silva training and sparring with those guys, he was clowning them in short clip at the end of the episode

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

regardless of what he did, all i can say is what a waste!!!!

seems to hold true in both art or sport all the great ones are always crazy.

the combination of the cameras and the other lads to play up to, i think will help him to a swift boot up the door such is is personality. No way would feel safe around this guy especially when he had the bottle in his hand, took some serious will power for one or all of the others to not to khtfo id say.

I think Dana is only keeping him on as he sees the potential and $$$ hence not making him fight this week , but there has to be a line drawn somewhere

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭rizzla

People will want to see him fight. He won't get sent home next week. I remember near the start of the season Dana says to one of the fighters, "I've given you three chance's so far..", or someting like that, guessing it's Junie. So he has 2 more crazy outbursts to come.

I like the guy, you could build entertaining stories and rivalries around him.

Also, anyone else see the vid package showcasing what was to come in the season, think it was at the end of episode 2.

Dana say's "This ain't Survior, we don't vote people off, we beat them off!" :D

My guess is the fighters don't feel comfortale with Junie in the house which cause's him to say that, in a later episode too. All speculation though.

Really liking the season so far. Not great publicity, just giving people who consider the sport to be filled with brain dead retards more ammo when they see how some of em act.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Two complete idiots.

One got tapped out and the other will get the **** kicked out of him if he keeps acting like that.

He blamed it on the drink, but then completely sober acts like an arsehole again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 237 ✭✭stevemc01

He is a complete knob, what is worse than having to watch that idiot for most of the show is we are missing out on seeing some training footage.

I think they should have Nog on camera as much as possible, cant wait to see A Silva on next weeks show.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

kelator wrote: »

Because whilst Junie is a drunken retard Shane is telling the world and it's mother he wants to fight.

So he got his wish.

Junie is a moron, i grow tired of watching the shenanigans of these pussies. It got old after Leben.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,803 ✭✭✭dunkamania

If the UFC are doing it just for drama, then they miss the point. That may have worked back in TUF1, but the modern mma fan tunes in for the mma and not the drunken shennanigans.

The clips with Anderson Silva looked insanely good, granted he is sparring with guys who arent good enough to shine his shoes, but still.....

As far as Junie goes, he has issues, very low self esteem, and a fear of success, and putting him under in the house environment would always bring out the worst in him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,857 ✭✭✭Valmont

I absolutely can't wait to see Junie get beaten. What a complete and utter gob****e. I do hope they keep him in because it livens up what is usually a boring show, I didn't really watch the last two series, it's just the same old training footage; that's my two cents anyway.

By the way, what was a BJ Penn purple belt doing whipping his arm back in guard like that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭EdK

Yup Junie's a retard keeps saying he was destined to be nothing and does his best to blow every chance he gets, i'm surprised he didnt get his ass beat tryna pull that heavyweight into the pool, the guys showed great restraint in not knocking his ass out

Dragan wrote: »
    Junie is a moron, i grow tired of watching the shenanigans of these pussies. It got old after Leben.

I mean the prelim fights were to, as Dana said, "get rid of the pussies, the posers" etc.

It's a shame when guys like this, who are talented fighters, are just @rseholes.

I liked Leben for the most part in season one, it was Koscheck who rubbed me the wrong way and later Southworth. But Leben really tested the patience.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

I liked Leben for the most part in season one, it was Koscheck who rubbed me the wrong way and later Southworth. But Leben really tested the patience.

Leben said recently that he met up with Josh and Bobby and that they talked it all out and buried it. He said they have all matured past the people they were on the show.

Of course, Southworth has Babalu to worry about now. :pac:

Dragan wrote: »
    Leben said recently that he met up with Josh and Bobby and that they talked it all out and buried it. He said they have all matured past the people they were on the show.

Of course, Southworth has Babalu to worry about now. :pac:

That's good to hear.

it wasn;t the "fatherless b@stard" incident that put me off them though, it was their general personalities, which certainly in Kos' case hasn't improved tbh.

LOL Southworth better not call Babalu a MFer or wear his mugshot t-shirt to the cage!! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

Babalu's injured and out of that fight by the way. Anthony Ruiz is his replacement

I'm wondering who the guy Dana was real high on before the season started is. He said there was some amazing kickboxer on the show that shocked him with his talent or something like that. I wonder if it's Junie

EDIT: Oops, I'm wrong :) I couldn't remember the exact details and I ended up Googling news about the Southworth vs Ruiz fight from last November

Fozzy wrote: »
    I'm wondering who the guy Dana was real high on before the season started is. He said there was some amazing kickboxer on the show that shocked him with his talent or something like that. I wonder if it's Junie

Looks like I'll have my question answered this week: http://www.f4wonline.com/content/view/7040/
    --Remember the lightweight that was supposed to be the next Anderson Silva, or at least Dana White said so? Apparently the identity of this mystery man is the winner of Wednesday's match on Ultimate Fighter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Dan133269

was just wondering how long would you say elapsed between them drinking and then having the first fight? I mean it couldn't have been that long so it would have probably impinged on their training

• Advertisement

Shane Nelson said he fought alomost a week after the infamous drinking episode

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭Killme00

Where are you guys wtaching this? Can anyone PM me a link.

Ta

It is on Setanta Sports tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭EdK

That was a rubbish fight, Juni posing and getting punched in the face great plan, Delgado looked like he's never had a fight in his life just tried to survive, Juni clearly has no ground game because he let Delgado get up and it wasnt just to show off as Delgado was lying on his back for a solid minute in the third and he did absolutely nothing

Junie really is all talk. Terrible fight.

Both guys fought with alot of heart, but the skill and the cardio wasnt at UFC level, by quite a large margin.

Any interview that I have seen, with guys talking about Junie, they all say that there were times where he was an a**hole that were shown, but the times where he was a decent guy werent shown.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Delgado was useless.

The only good thing about him from that fight was his chin.

Junie was a fool in the first round and was completely gassed by the end of the third, but he dominated the second round.

Looks like Phillipe Nover is the next Anderson Silva, not Junie :pac:

When Nog said, "we are enemies", that sent chills down my spine. Its becoming increasingly apparent that Nog picked guys for their personality, while Mir was looking for the best fighters. The differnet vibes between the teams is incredible. Although the thing with the cake was a little weird. "Making cake for Nog was the best experience of my life...." or words to that effect. Not much to say about the fight, Jules looked terrified, Vinny looked bad until the fight went to the ground. Gogoplata would have been sweet, but it was stilll very slick. Hard to see Vinny winning though

• Advertisement

I gotta say I am disgusted by what I saw in the latest episode, this is not good for the sport.

Overshadowed the fight, which was fairly good, presumablyNover is the lightweight Anderson Silva, that Dana has been harping on about

Advertisement