Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TUF 8 **Contains Spoilers**

Comments

I was close to taking a Rennie after watching that last night! While it was funny in a way it doesn't look well when viewed by people who are looking for reasons to criticise the sport.

Philippe is a beast and will take some beating.

I disagree that Nog picked guys for their personalities. He said he didn;t pick Vinny because he lacked heart. I think he picked guys who had the right mix of skill, heart and attitude. Look at his team, all the unstable headcases are on Mirs team. Nogs team seem to have the more balanced personalities. Not saying all of Mirs guys are unprofessional but just look at Junie.

Was anyone else amused by the coaches challenge preview and how bad Nog looks at footy? Seriously, stepping into the cliché for a second....a Brazilian who has "never player soccer"! :pac: That's like an Irishman who's never drank beer!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭Coolhand

Have missed all the start of this and have seen all the other series. Is it on TV here? Cant find it on Setanta and I persume Bravo dont have it, it being UFC and all.

Its on Thursday nights on setanta 2. I think its repeated on Sundays.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭Coolhand

Cool thank you

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,803 ✭✭✭dunkamania

Thoughts on latest episode.

Mir looked bad, not for his lack of soccer prowess, but for his comments afterwards. Krystoff didnt look very impressive. What was with the ridiculous amount of knees to the nuts. Tom Lawlor knocking out Kaplan was funny. Liked the pranks this week, funny without crossing the line.

Apparently spike cut out a scene where Kaplan and Lawlor were drinking each others piss from shot glasses, thinking that two epsiodes in a row with urine drinking was too much.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

dunkamania wrote: »
    Liked the pranks this week, funny without crossing the line.

Apparently spike cut out a scene where Kaplan and Lawlor were drinking each others piss from shot glasses, thinking that two epsiodes in a row with urine drinking was too much.

Apparently there's much worse to come. Might be next week, because one of the guys who is fighting loses it over a prank. But it wasn't in the preview, so maybe it's some other week

Kaplan's an idiot, "I was never out"

This series is doing a much better job in building the title fight than the last series

Wat time was it on last night? I assumed it was on at 11 and tuned in to nothing. Gonna watch on Sunday now instead.

I didnt watch it on tv

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Anyone know what time or channel this is on tonight?

It's not on at its normal time or channel.

Setanta's revamped website isn't finished for the TV listings.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,316 ✭✭✭lafors

Anyone know what time or channel this is on tonight?

It's not on at its normal time or channel.

Setanta's revamped website isn't finished for the TV listings.

Yeah it's not on for some reason?
    Could be because it's thanksgiving in the US so mightn't have been on this week.
    Can't find it on the web either?

Off for thanksgiving this week.

They repeated the last four episodes last night in the US. Next week will be the final two episodes with the four semi-final fights and another incident with Junie

Fozzy wrote: »
    They repeated the last four episodes last night in the US. Next week will be the final two episodes with the four semi-final fights and another incident with Junie

Well if you're quick enough then you'll have seen in the episode where they did a quick "whats going to happen in the house this season" in the first couple of eps, then obviously Junie gets the boot. They had Dana say something like thats three strikes you're going home in one of the clips.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,443 ✭✭✭Red Sleeping Beauty

Does this be on Setanta Ireland ?

Edit:
    Appears so http://tvguide.tv3.ie/dgx/wbl.dll?a=18&h=69&sip=0&sic=1&rgn=Eire
    Are these just the repeats of what's happened so far yeah ?

• Registered Users Posts: 756 ✭✭✭liger

Setanta and NTL really have me annoyed with this. My setanta2 is crap so I've been recording the repeat on SS1 on fridays. Except half the time the programme advertised as TUF is actually unleashed or ultimate talk"!!!!! Even one time it had Conference footie.

UFC website says TUF is on at midnight, new espisode 11, and episode 12 is tomorrow. but setanta and Ntl have nothing listed. I bet they dont show 11.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

If they don't then the UFC site is wrong. I would find it hard to believe that they would publish correct listings when it is not showing on NTL or Setanta. It is not listed on the Sky EPG either. That shows South American football at midnight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,443 ✭✭✭Red Sleeping Beauty

It was on Setanta Ireland on monday at 9.15 and then yesterday and today at 10 followed by UFC Wired which is old matches

• Registered Users Posts: 756 ✭✭✭liger

It was on Setanta Ireland on monday at 9.15 and then yesterday and today at 10 followed by UFC Wired which is old matches

These were repeats

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

im nearly sure episode 11 is on tonight at 11.55 and episode 12 is on tomorrow at 10, both on setanta sports 2
    But with setanta you never know what will be on

• Advertisement

Fromvert wrote: »
    im nearly sure episode 11 is on tonight at 11.55 and episode 12 is on tomorrow at 10, both on setanta sports 2
    But with setanta you never know what will be on

My setanta2 epg says live copa sudamerica on at 11:55.
    Its only on tonight in the US afaik, so I doubt it'll be on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

mines says that too but I find that doesnt always be relaible, this is where im getting my info but still have my doubts.
    http://entertainment.ie/tv/display.asp

Fromvert wrote: »
    mines says that too but I find that doesnt always be relaible, this is where im getting my info but still have my doubts.
    http://entertainment.ie/tv/display.asp

Believe me there is football on at midnight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

any one see it yet??? wasnt happy with a couple of the results but there you go finals are set.
    Junie Vs Dave Caplin on the card for the final
    looking forward to that one

I just watched it. Thank god he let Junie stay to get beaten. How right was dana that junie just wanted to get kicked off so he could act tough about it when he got home. It was so obvious that he was just waiting for any reason to go off, and when he didn't get one he tried to create one out of nothing. Pussy.

Delighted to see Junie get beaten.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Mossy Monk wrote: »
    Delighted to see Junie get beaten.

Was really glad to see it but
    he just gave into that choke and gave up on the whole thing really, they should not have put him on the card for the finale, why give him the air time I say. As they say though **** sells
    Hopefully theres a 2nd loss in the cards for him.

calex71 wrote: »
    Was really glad to see it but
    he just gave into that choke and gave up on the whole thing really, they should not have put him on the card for the finale, why give him the air time I say. As they say though **** sells
    Hopefully theres a 2nd loss in the cards for him.

This has aired here now, right? Just in case...
    Junie's been training at Couture's camp for the last few months. By all accounts he's been well behaved and training well, so I don't see any problem with putting him on the finale. He's the biggest star to come out of this season

I loved the bit with Dana getting the other fighters to keep Junie in. Total pro wrestling :D

I dont think there is need for spoilers guys, its a spoiler thread.

Bader - Elliot, unpleasant to watch, I fast forwarded through most of it. Elliot should have taken more risks, he had nothing to lose in the third

Nover - Roop, no surprise here really, except that Roop managed to sweep Nover

Vinny - Kristoff My favourite fight of the four, Striker v grappler, very tactical, Kristoff standing over Vinny was what lost him the fight( he did it twice), a little bit of impatience cost him the fight. Both are team quest fighters, so they knew each others games very well. Kristoff said in an interview that Vinny had never pulled guard on him, so he was caught by surprise

Efrain - Browning Efrain gets his chance to "beat him off". Not as happy as everyone else that Junie got beat. The guy has a fear of success rather than a fear of failure as Dana suggested.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭Maldini2706

Vinny was asked to leave Team Quest when he returned from the show. I think he' in Vegas with Couture now as well.

Advertisement