Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What now?

• 09-10-2008 1:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭

Can anybody tell me what's going on?

I registered to Publicjobs in May and I still haven't heard anything back.
    Is there something I missed?
    Should it take this long?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭fifth

As far as I know.. nobody has heard anything. Believe me, you'd know about it by taking one look at this forum if they were recruiting. Take a seat.. and wait..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭Mark63

Anybody see the front page story in the Herald on Monday about a new ad calling on people to register and it was saying that they were targeting Arabs and non nationals in paticular. Whatever about the story it might mean that a new campaign could be starting as the ad normally appears in the run up to one. If they are anybody whose alreasy registered with get an E Mail.

It's probably good news for those of us still going through the process from May, February or before as it implies there will be recruitment next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭willit

I also registered in May but never heard anything. Going through one of the other threads on here, I saw that the last recruitment drive took place after I registered but I still didn't get any notifications. Apparently I registered too late for that one and now due to existing force numbers, downturn in the economy, etc. there's no telling when there will be another recruitment drive.

I wouldn't be too put out except I'm 30 now and the way things are going might not have too many opportunities to get in over the next 5 years, after which it will be too late for the likes of me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 gsdublin

I had my interview passed before may and i've still not heard a dickybird about a medical etc

It looks like it could be a good while before there is another campaign though

You've done all you can for now so you'll have to wait for the e-mail/text telling you a new campaign is opening

Best of luck

Advertisement