Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

advice for attending a sunday 3pm kick off at the lane

Options
  • 09-10-2008 2:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,334 ✭✭✭

Guys, looking for a bit of advice from the experienced here. Im booked flights and accomadation for london the last week in nov. Whole idea was to go to the everton game on the sat, just about to book tickets but its been switched to the sunday 3pm KO. My flight aint till 9.10pm with ryan air, will i make the flight if i go to the match? Has anyone done this before... bit aprehensive as i know what its like trying to get out of tottenham after a game.

flying out of gatwick

cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 724 ✭✭✭yiddo

Guys, looking for a bit of advice from the experienced here. Im booked flights and accomadation for london the last week in nov. Whole idea was to go to the everton game on the sat, just about to book tickets but its been switched to the sunday 3pm KO. My flight aint till 9.10pm with ryan air, will i make the flight if i go to the match? Has anyone done this before... bit aprehensive as i know what its like trying to get out of tottenham after a game.

flying out of gatwick

cheers

You'll make it no bother if the Victoria line was running that day but according to http://www.tfl.gov.uk/assets/livetravelnews/realtime/tube/track-closures.pdf it won't be on the 30th November. Best bet I'd say would be overground train from White Hart Lane to Liverpool Street and then Circle LIne tube to Victoria and train from there to gatwick. Even if you didnt leave WHL till 5.30ish I reckon you'd still be in gatwick by 7.30 latest.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,334 ✭✭✭positivenote

thanks for the advice mate. Just got the tickets sorted for the match so hopefully we'll be alright and get to gatwick in good time... oh yeah and get 3pts aswell :0)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭keane=cock

i know your apprenhation i missed my flight a couple of years back and cost me a fortune to get home but it was a pre season friendly and no extra trains were laid on but usually you will do ok. game was switched because of uefa cup game on the thurs i think

Advertisement