Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

vision going fuzzy/black and losing balance

• 09-10-2008 3:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭

think this must be the right place to post this,

when I stand up somethimes, I've been feeling very dizzy...not faint like im going to keel over (thats only happened once when my balance REALLY went arseways...but it was still enough for me to fall over..still completly concious). even if Im only sitting for a minute or so and I stand up; my vision sometimes goes fuzzy, or even completey black (literally i go blind) alot of times for around 3-8 seconds. when that goes, I feel light headed and dizzy and I have to concentrate on my balance. sometimes my hearing goes a bit...faded, and contributes to balance loss

does anybody have any input into what this may be?

I've drank around 1,5 litres today, my lips arnt chapped...so i dont think its dehydration.

I'm 6 foot (1.80m) and around 10,55 stone (77kg). so not massivly underweight.

My blood pressure is a not high, but its a little bit higher than the "normal" mark.

I ate dinner 4 hours ago and have been munching chocolates since and just had some coffee.

Im quite Fit, I cycle about 9km every day to work and visit the gym twice weekly.

and its not exceptionally warm in the office, its around 22/23 degrees...

does this happen anyone else?? its annoying sometimes!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,483 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Doctor. Now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭Silenceisbliss

it's been happening randomly for like the last 6-7 years i think, as long as I can remember tbh

it might not happen for weeks at a time, and then maybe ill just be tired one day after a long night or week or whatever (not nessicarilly though).

I told my mums friend (whos a nurse) and she said shes heard people say it to her before and that it could just be a blood sugar or dehaydration thing, but she didnnt think it was something to worry about.

It feels like when I stand up, that the blood just rushes out of my head, that would explain the dizzyness, loss of sight, and faded hearing no?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Get to a doctor man, that's too risky to leave to chance

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,483 ✭✭✭✭Alun

A bit of dizziness is common if you stand up to quickly, but the loss of vision and hearing would worry me to be honest. In any case, you won't get any medical advice here, you should go to see a doctor .. is there any reason why you're reluctant to go?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,819 ✭✭✭✭g'em

Alun wrote: »
    Doctor. Now.
    Werd.

There's a few benign reasons that could be behind it, but blacking out, dizziness and a loss of vision/ hearing is not to be taken lightly.

Only a medical professional can help you with this one...

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement