Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

*Belfast Hotel Recommendation Megathread*

Options
  • 09-10-2008 3:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭

Hi Folks
    Travelling up to Belfast on the 29th for a gig in The odyssey.
    Looking for a hotel for the night with parking,any recommendations?
    somewhere easy to get to,close to the venue and not too far from the pub!

I was thinking possibly Days hotel on Hope street,any help would be great as ive never been to Belfast before!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭ibh

Never stayed in Days hotel, but in around that area there is Benedicts Hotel, which is really nice especially the deluxe rooms! Also the Europa Hotel. Lower priced one's are the TravelLodge on Adelaide St or the new TravelLodge on Waring St. Really nice Hotel is the MalMaison, can't remember the street but it's not far from the Odessey. Really is a class place, bit of a boutique Hotel. Expensive though. But they sometimes do an offer for B&B and evening meal for two.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

Thanks for all the help,recommend any place for a pre + post gig pint? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Mylow

Or the Hilton or Merchant, both very close to Odyssey. Not sure if Hilton still do 'Executive' room rate, it gives you access to bar on 7th floor. Drinks are included in room rate ;)

Forgot to add, parking is extra in Hilton. £14?

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭wonky79

Any recommendations on a nice, good, reasonable hotel to stay in Belfast for a Saturday night?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭wingnut

Guys,

Thinking of booking a group in Malone Lodge apartments. Anyone got experience of them? PM me if you do not want to publicise your views.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14 thieveslikeus

Stayed here once and was pretty impressed. Very good location as well. Great idea for a weekend shopping and sipping the beers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭Macker1

Not wishing to hijack thread but I have a similar query. Myself and the wife plan to go up to Belfast at end of Feb. Looking for nice hotel centrally located for one night stay on a Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭mrs moneypenny

You could try Malmaison. I've stayed in it myself, it's very central. Here's a linky to their website:)

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭taztastic

Holiday Inn is a nice place, close to centre of town but parking around it and reasonable

• Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭aquascrotum

Radisson SAS is my pick - excellent location, parking, central to everything, nice surroundings and great breakfasts. Some good deals on at the mo too.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭niceirishfella

To go a bit swish, try Tensquare...........nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

I usually stay in B&B but was in this one and liked it
    www.malonelodgehotelbelfast.com

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Just recommended it in another thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

Have to agree Holiday inn is nice and colse to the centre.

You could try going into the Northern Ireland Tourist board in dublin. (it's opposite Trinity, can't remember the name of the street tho!) Sometimes they have deals and they're really helpful and friendly in there. When I was booking for a weekend they got me a good price with the Holiday Inn and got me a free bus tour too!

Hope this helps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 168 ✭✭pw01

Does ne1 no of any b& b's in belfast city center, on a tight budget:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭autograph

Try Tara Lodge in Belfast. It's on the internet and very good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭autograph

Must investigate this one but my family members always stay in Tara Lodge in Belfast which is very good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭mcwhirter

Ten square is nice behind city hall

• Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭Mr Tombstone

Im from Belfast so if you need any help let me know guys. Tara lodge isnt bad but your close to the students. The Malone lodge is nice and modern and out of the way and only 2mins walk around the corner from the Botanic inn and the eglantine inn. Theres also the wellignton Hotel beside the botanic inn.

Id say the malone Lodge is the best of all three!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭regob

the malone lodge is fancy

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭Mr Tombstone

regob wrote: »
    the malone lodge is fancy

Yeah its nice but there is nicer about. Dont go near the Europa its a dump but its very central!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭Bendihorse

Can anyone recommend a hotel with a little bit of added luxury for this weekend in Belfast? Even a more standard hotel where you can pay extra for upgraded rooms would be cool...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭niceirishfella

Ten Square.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭pow wow

La Mon if you're driving and don't want to stay in the city...Malmaison if you want to be in the middle of things.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,900 ✭✭✭Quality

malmaison for trendy / hip!

• Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭aquascrotum

Business class in the Radisson is a noticeably jump up from normal run of the mill 4* and is normally only 20 quid a night dearer.

Would say Malmaison apart from that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,418 ✭✭✭Jip

I'd recommend Culloden Estate and Spa, just outside the city and is a fantastic spot to stay, a little pricey but you did ask for luxury.
    http://www.hastingshotels.com/culloden/index.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭MREGAN

If you are feeling mega flush the Merchant hotel. I think its Belfasts only 5* hotel. It has a cocktail on the menu at £750. Also Belfasts newest hotel the fitzwilliam has just opened it is pretty damn nice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,418 ✭✭✭Jip

MREGAN wrote: »
    I think its Belfasts only 5* hotel.

Ahem, just above ya
    http://www.hastingshotels.com/culloden/index.htm

Just outside the city itself but in Belfast anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭MREGAN

Its a right bit out the city if you wanted to go out in the city at night. But o.k. I'll give you that one :D

Advertisement