Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

*Belfast Hotel Recommendation Megathread*

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭danois

I am planning a birthday weekend in Belfast in January. There will be at least 6 of us ranging from 20-40.

A lot of people are telling me to avoid Belfast that's its not safe I have been told that certain pubs/clubs are no go for southerners and to watch out for painted kerbs.. Is this true still I know it was years ago but thought it was all fairly safe now??

What hotel is best to stay in that's local and close to good pub and clubs that stay open late. Any recommendations greatly appreciated

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭Celly Smunt

danois wrote: »
    I am planning a birthday weekend in Belfast in January. There will be at least 6 of us ranging from 20-40.

A lot of people are telling me to avoid Belfast that's its not safe I have been told that certain pubs/clubs are no go for southerners and to watch out for painted kerbs.. Is this true still I know it was years ago but thought it was all fairly safe now??

What hotel is best to stay in that's local and close to good pub and clubs that stay open late. Any recommendations greatly appreciated

Bolded part is bullshit.You're far safer in Belfast than Dublin the majority of the time,especially in the city centre.

As for a hotel,i always find the Fitzwilliam a very nice hotel.The Europa too,though it has declined a little in the last two years or so from my opinion.

If it was me.Fitzwilliam.

On a Budget,Ibis off castle street.Good location,nice enough rooms and it's a fairly new hotel.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭BeardySi

Clearly that person thought you'd be going to Belfast in a Delorean...

• Registered Users Posts: 81,222 ✭✭✭✭biko

Around Botanic Avenue you'll find hotels and everything else.
    Empire Bar is lovely.

• Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭Dj Stiggie

I agree with Biko, the Empire bar is a great spot. I stayed in the Tara Lodge, which is a two minute walk from the Empire a few weeks ago and it was very nice. We got a really good rate on it though, I think it can be fairly pricey to stay there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,564 ✭✭✭Penfailed

The best hotel would be the Merchant...but it's also probably the most expensive ;)

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Skuxx

Myself and herself are planning a weekend in Belfast around the Easter bank holiday. A friend of mine recommended The Malone Lodge??

We're hoping to go the Titanic Museum, she'll want a bit of shopping and some nice restaurants, so something fairly central to all these would be great. Anyone recommend a place??

• Registered Users Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Zcott

Premier Inn on Waring St is probably a good bet.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,356 ✭✭✭fergiesfolly

Looking to get to Belfast next week for a few days.
    Two adults, one teenager, so hoping for hotel with adjoining rooms or small apartment, preferably near city centre.
    Any recommendations welcome.

Hilton Waterfront if money is no object. Aside from that, Travelodge on Brunswick St or Premier Inn or Ibis or Holiday Inn on University St or Ormeau Avenue.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,148 ✭✭✭rameire

I have booked into the premiier inn on alfred street so will report in, after my stay.

A place I stayed a few years ago that I would recommend would be the Stormont Hotel.
    lovely and comfortable, good breakfast, and the best nacho meal I have ever had.

🌞 3.8kwp, 🌞 Split 2.28S, 1.52E. 🌞 Clonee, Dub.🌞

• Registered Users Posts: 3,356 ✭✭✭fergiesfolly

Was just looking at Mullan apartment in Belfast city centre. Seem quiet central and well maintained. Has anyone any info/reviews on them

• Registered Users Posts: 1,930 ✭✭✭keith_d99

Was just looking at Mullan apartment in Belfast city centre. Seem quiet central and well maintained. Has anyone any info/reviews on them

Stayed in the Titanic quarter a couple of months back and it was perfect (2 adults, 2 kids) - lovely quiet area and apartment was fantastic!

http://www.booking.com/hotel/gb/titanic-view-apartment.en-gb.html

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Gmail

Read through this thread before I went on a 3 night trip to Belfast so just reporting back.

Stayed in Dukes at Queens. Lovely little boutique hotel in a quiet area. No car park but on street parking was fine (& free!) for three nights. Car wasn't moved the whole time I was there & no issue. Hotel was £198 for 2 people B&B for three nights. Breakfast was very good. Wifi was terrible - which was our only complaint.

Taxi to city centre was £5. We spent a bit on taxis as the weather was awful. Having said that city centre parking for three days would probably have worked out the same.
    Loved Belfast!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,148 ✭✭✭rameire

never got back about my stay.

Stayed in the Premier Inn Alfred Street.
    Two Nights.
    3 rooms all were perfect.
    the premier Inn had a deal where you paid for dinner and you got breakfast for free, including children for free for breakfast.
    dinners were very tasty, came with a drink., out of the 5 adults we all had different meals and they were all great, no complaints.
    the dinners were so good we had dinner again on the second night.
    Breakfasts were buffet, the food was good and tasty, food was constantly replenished.

there is no hotel car parking, but there is on street parking, during daytime it costs money, there is also day long parking very close by that can be used that is really cheap.

the staff are some of the best I have every come across.

during meals they were friendly, had banter, gave recommendations.

what topped it was, while My 4 year old daughter was talking to the receptionist upon check=in she mentioned it was her birthday.
    30 minutes later after dropping the bags off at the room and heading back to the lift, we came upon 3 people,
    the hotel manager, the area manager and the house keeping manager.
    they had come up to our floor to meet us at our room , to talk to my daughter, give her a birthday car and wish her a happy birthday.

I would recommend this hotel now on top of all other hotels in Belfast City.

🌞 3.8kwp, 🌞 Split 2.28S, 1.52E. 🌞 Clonee, Dub.🌞

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭postitnote

Always makes me happy to see positive reviews of Belfast hotels. It fills me with a great sense of pride and it has made my morning. I hope you both found plenty to do during your stay too!!

I have no connections with the tourism and leisure industry BTW :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,697 ✭✭✭branners69

Hi,

am hoping to head to Belfast with the wife and kids the end of March for 3/4 nights. Could push it to a week if the price was right!

We plan on going to the Titanic and the W5 so I am thinking about staying near the Odyssey. Any ideas of where we can stay, the kids are 8,5,3 and 3!

Any advice/tips much appreciated!

Thanks,

Branners

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭hurlsey

Hi lads and ladies,
    Heading to Belfast for Michael Mcintyre, can anyone recommend a good hotel or hotels to stay in the city?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭highlydebased

Premier Inn Alfred St. Stayed there more times than I can remember. Lovely spot and 5 min walk from main shopping streets and Victoria Square. 10 min walk from central station

• Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

Thread moved to where it would be better suited.

Thanks,
    kerry4sam

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭BeardySi

Premier Inn Alfred St. Stayed there more times than I can remember. Lovely spot and 5 min walk from main shopping streets and Victoria Square. 10 min walk from central station

I've had two lots of friends stay there and were very happy. Food in the restaurant id decent too.

Can't really advise beyond that, I've never had to stay in a hotel in Belfast! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 33,482 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Benedicts is a nice spot, good bar attached to it too.

• Registered Users Posts: 704 ✭✭✭Jimmy Two Times

I'd highly recommend 10 Square if it's still there.

Little pricey but worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,415 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

NIMAN wrote: »
    Benedicts is a nice spot, good bar attached to it too.

No, no it's most certainly not. It's a dive.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,845 ✭✭✭timthumbni

The premier inn cathedral quarter is better than the Alfred street one and in a more vibrant area imo. The cathedral quarter had lots of good restaurants and bars and is about 150 yards from royal avenue area.

I've stayed in both and would always head for the cathedral quarter one if possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,015 ✭✭✭✭cena

Any cheap place to stay over night on saturday. looking to go to a ice hockey game. Than there is a local game on after 10pm in dundonald.

I won't be driving. well be using public transport

cena wrote: »
    Any cheap place to stay over night on saturday. looking to go to a ice hockey game. Than there is a local game on after 10pm in dundonald.

I won't be driving. well be using public transport

If the game is in the Odyssey (or SSE) arena, there's a premier inn right beside it. You'd be better booking a taxi for the run to dundonald though.

Advertisement