Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving On/New Beginning Symbols or Inscriptions?!

• 09-10-2008 4:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭

Hey, me and a long time close friend have decided we are both gonna get tattoos for our 20th birthdays (only 3 days between us! :D)

Thing is I know I want it to really mean something to me, and I'm trying to think of an image or inscription that symbolizes moving on and a new beginning but I'm finding it hard to put my finger on anything that comes close to that!!

Its prob gonna go on my forearm or wrist...

So my question is...anybody have any ideas on something to represent this?!

Any help appreciated, thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭Diceicle

Only you guys really know what symbolises your friendship and what might seem lame to me might be awesome to you and vice versa. However if its ideas of imagery you want you could always search BMEZINE.com and google images for inspiration.
    My input for new beginnings type images would be a Sunrise......birth of a star.....phoenix rising........there's my input. Bon apetit. :cool: :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭lifelonglufc

Thanks for reply diceicle!

Ya were both actually getting different tattoos. Like its not really a freindship tattos thing its just we both have the same birthday and we decided to get tattoos!

She is pretty sure what she wants, I think its a leo on her neck!

But ya my ideas for moving on and new beginnings are starting to come now, i like the phoenix and birth of a star ones! But stars on a fella? Hmmmm i dunno!

Any more ideas appreciated!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 255 ✭✭Lilliput69

Thanks for reply diceicle!

Ya were both actually getting different tattoos. Like its not really a freindship tattos thing its just we both have the same birthday and we decided to get tattoos!

She is pretty sure what she wants, I think its a leo on her neck!

But ya my ideas for moving on and new beginnings are starting to come now, i like the phoenix and birth of a star ones! But stars on a fella? Hmmmm i dunno!

Any more ideas appreciated!

what about going for something old school, keep it simple

Maybe a power triangle

you will find most people for their first tattoo its not a huge one and most people do have an attachmen to their first tat;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

I know loads of lads with stars and hearts and all sorts on them, if you're worried about it looking girly, add something to it, such as a favorite pass time of yours thats rather "boyish".
    Either that, or just be like me and not give a crap what anyone else thinks.

You're not gonna get any mircal answers on here tbh man, but i hope i helped.

Advertisement