Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

BMW Warranty Transfer.

Options
  • 09-10-2008 4:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭

I am thinking of buying an '08 BMW in the UK in the new year. I would probably be buying an ex-demo car from a BMW dealer.

Is the remainder oof a 3yr BMW warranty transferrable from the UK to Ireland? If so is this redeemable in Joe Duffys, Frank Keanes etc?

Also if the car has a service pack remaining on it can this also be transferred?

Thanks folks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Stevie Dakota

The warranty is transferable, I think the service package is too. But why do people keep asking this question here? Call the importer.

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭reb73

BMW cars come bundled in with a 2 year worldwide warranty (from the date of first registration), so this will be honoured in any BMW authorized service centres in Ireland/Dublin.

The 3rd year is a UK specific warranty, so the easiest option is to scoot across the border to Northern Ireland (David Prentice/Bavarian BMW to name a few) when warranty claims are between the 2nd and 3rd year of warranty..

It has also been suggested that warranty claims can be processed by any UK dealer for work carried out in Ireland/Dublin during the 3rd year, but you will have to pay for the work here first and then get the warranty processed through a UK based dealer for reimbursement.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭Ferris

Call the importer.

I would be importing it myself
    reb73 wrote: »
    BMW cars come bundled in with a 2 year worldwide warranty (from the date of first registration), so this will be honoured in any BMW authorized service centres in Ireland/Dublin.

The 3rd year is a UK specific warranty, so the easiest option is to scoot across the border to Northern Ireland (David Prentice/Bavarian BMW to name a few) when warranty claims are between the 2nd and 3rd year of warranty..

It has also been suggested that warranty claims can be processed by any UK dealer for work carried out in Ireland/Dublin during the 3rd year, but you will have to pay for the work here first and then get the warranty processed through a UK based dealer for reimbursement.

Thanks for the info, I heard somewhere that there is a europe wide BMW warranty/rescue service for UK bought cars so maybe that solves my question.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,322 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Ferris wrote: »
    I would be importing it myself.
    SD means 'the official BMW importer for Ireland'.

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 9,563 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

Third year of UK warranty is definitely honoured in Ireland - whether that means pay upfront and claim later I dunno.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭v10

Third year of UK warranty is definitely honoured in Ireland - whether that means pay upfront and claim later I dunno.
    This is true. Irish dealers see it on UK cars as a 1 year extension on the warranty. So I was told by Conlons anyway.

Advertisement