Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Mitsubishi Colt

Options
  • 09-10-2008 4:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭

Hey all,

I'm looking for some feedback on Colts circa 1997/1998

I'm thinking of buying one but just wondering what people's thoughts are on them

Orlee :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,091 ✭✭✭Biro

Good car. Reliable. 1.3 is slow, but nice handling little car. Not much sound insulation, but other than that they're fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Beware of ones that have been driven hard. Seeing that boy racers seems to like them.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,495 ✭✭✭Damien360

I had a 98 Colt years ago and loved it. Very reliable. Still a great looking car. They made a balls of the replacement.

1.3 engine is slow but not too bad as long as you are on your own in the car. If you have passengers it is very poor, you will feel the lack of power on hills. Wicklow Gap drive just is not funny from the Kildare side. Hills too steep for it. Boy racers fell in love with them a while back and many driven very hard.

All 98's have a good pioneer stereo (no CD though) so may be changed on secondhand model. Speakers only on 2 front doors and none to rear but easily fitted.

Got rid of it due to arrival of kids.

Ah the memories.....incidently, most of my memory after arrival of kids seems foggy !

Advertisement