Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nokia 6230i and 3G SIM query

• 09-10-2008 4:49pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I'm just wondering does anyone know where I can get a Nokia 6230i and would a 3G SIM work in it?

Thanks,

Paul

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,661 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Hi,

I'm just wondering does anyone know where I can get a Nokia 6230i and would a 3G SIM work in it?

Thanks,

Paul

No, and yes it will.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,254 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

I don't think a 3 Sim will work in it, it should be fine for all the other networks...

eBay or adverts.ie are you best bet, ask a few friends there should be a good few of them knocking around...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

it depends on what you mean. If you mean a vodafone, o2 or meteor 3g sim then yes but if you mean a sim that's on the 3 network (the company is not called 3g), then most likely not. In most 2g phones it simply says sim rejected when you put it in, in some it accepts the sim but you won't get coverage in a lot of places because 3 only have 3g masts, which the 6230i cannot connect to

• Closed Accounts Posts: 857 ✭✭✭whisht

Funny you should ask, as the 6230i is one of the only NON 3G phones I have ever used that allows you to use a "3" sim card!

whisht wrote: »
    Funny you should ask, as the 6230i is one of the only NON 3G phones I have ever used that allows you to use a "3" sim card!

and the Nokia 5140i;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭notahappycamper

Sam Vimes wrote: »
    it depends on what you mean. If you mean a vodafone, o2 or meteor 3g sim then yes but if you mean a sim that's on the 3 network (the company is not called 3g), then most likely not. In most 2g phones it simply says sim rejected when you put it in, in some it accepts the sim but you won't get coverage in a lot of places because 3 only have 3g masts, which the 6230i cannot connect to

I mean an O2 3G SIM card.

So I can take it that it will work?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭flodis79

I mean an O2 3G SIM card.

So I can take it that it will work?

Yes it will. The o2 3G sim is backwards compatible with all older phones.

flodis79 wrote: »
    Yes it will. The o2 3G sim is backwards compatible with all older phones.

yes, 100% it will work

Advertisement