Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Open day

• 09-10-2008 4:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭

Hey im from Dublin and hoping to head down for the open day next tuesday i'll be getting the bus or train down although i litrelly hav'nt a clue where to go! Is Ul near the city or will i have to get a taxi out?or do they have public buses in Limerick (I know i must seem like a terribley old fashioned Dub)..But any info would be a help thanks :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭rmacm

308 from William Street will get you to UL and drop you on campus. You can get a taxi from the bus/train station if you wish too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭The Don

The 302 also goes from William St. Here is a link to it on google maps. The bus/train station is pretty close and if you type in "bus station, limerick" you'll see where it is.

If you get the bus from the city out to UL, you'll know your at the entrance when the bus turns left and passes the big flag poles.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭leprehaungirl

Thanks a million..Hopefully i wont look like a big idiot now :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭klong

Hey im from Dublin and hoping to head down for the open day next tuesday i'll be getting the bus or train down although i litrelly hav'nt a clue where to go! Is Ul near the city or will i have to get a taxi out?or do they have public buses in Limerick (I know i must seem like a terribley old fashioned Dub)..But any info would be a help thanks :)

Is your passport in order? Dubs are only allowed to UL with that and a special declatory form that they won't rob our things while in UL. No form, no open day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

or do they have public buses in Limerick (I know i must seem like a terribley old fashioned Dub)
    Nooo, you seem very hip and now.

Yes, we have those new omnibuses in Limerick that may be used by members of the general public. No first class unfortunately.

Seriously though, if you want the most convenience, you can get a taxi from outside the bus/train station, depending on the time of day it'll cost you somewhere between 8 and 11 quid. Get the taxi driver to drop you at the foundation building (tell him you want to go to the concert hall) at UL as all the tours etc will be starting from there. Buses in Limerick are as bad as they are anywhere else and worse than most, the bus to UL is supposed to run every 15 minutes so you might be lucky or you may be waiting 45 minutes for one to turn up. On your way back, half the buses wil pass close to the train/bus station, the other half won't so ask the bus driver if he's going that way or not.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭McGetty

I agree, a taxi is the best way to go - at least when you're heading back into the city to get your bus back to Dublin, as you can be waiting up to 45 minutes for a bus to come. I've missed many buses from the station in town because the city bus didn't arrive on time. 061 414141 is the number of a decent taxi company in the area. Hope you enjoy the open day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

Dear God girl (I'm assuming from the name) DO NOT under ANY circumstances get the bus from Dublin. It's PAINFUL!!!:(:(

Get a Student Travel Card. Can be printed on the spot at the following places

EXPRESS PHOTO ID SERVICE is available at the following locations:
    • Trinity College, Students Union, House no.6 ( through the front arch and turn right)
    • University College Dublin, Old Students Union ( in the library tunnel)
    • Dublin City University, Student Union, The Hub.
    • DIT Aungier Street, Student Union Shop
    • University College Cork, Student Centre. ( ask at the front desk )
    • Students Centre SAYIT Travel, 76 Grand Parade, Cork.
    • University of Limerick, Students Union.
    • NUI Galway, Students Union.

Well worth the extra €15 return over the bus and about 2 hours quicker to Heuston (can make 4 hours difference on a Friday:eek::eek:)

Get the 308 to UL from William Street (you can't miss all the scobies at the bus stop waiting for other busses)
    Directions here
    http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&saddr=Colbert+Station+Limerick&daddr=Little+Catherine+St+to:N24%2FWilliam+St&hl=en&geocode=%3BFROTIwMdamJ8_w%3BFS6UIwMd4GJ8_w&mra=ls&via=1&dirflg=w&sll=52.661841,-8.62533&sspn=0.005421,0.012285&ie=UTF8&ll=52.661418,-8.624729&spn=0.005421,0.012285&z=17

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭idPlease

DO not get the bus. you will be waiting for forever and they are slow. get a taxi, travel in stlye and you can rest assured that you wont miss a thing then.

See as much as you can when your down here - we have great facilities etc :D good luck!

Advertisement