Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Does anyone know about this?

Options
  • 09-10-2008 5:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,388 ✭✭✭

I have been unemployed for the last month with the construction industry slowdown and have decided to start a small trading company

I was wondering am i allowed to claim social welfare until my company is making enough that i can live on or

must i instantly give up my entitlement to social welfare when i begin trading?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 575 ✭✭✭Dabko

hi there,

Yes you can claim an unemployment assistance payment, sort of like part dole.

Go and speak with them in the social office and explain that you are getting a business off the ground. All the better if you are earning 40 or 50 quid a week from your new venture, they will make up the balance of a full weeks social payment.
    This was one of the only reasons i could ever afford to get one of my initial businesses of the ground years ago. It was great to have such a facility there.

As tempting and all as it it, dont take the pi5s with them, or they can hang you! Ive seen others claim everything and anything they could for nothing, while working and making decent weeks wages, thieving ba5tards!

Best of luck with the new venture.

Advertisement