Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to get Halifax debit card transaction through..

Options
  • 09-10-2008 5:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭

I had read in the past of issues with some transactions using this card. Have had it a couple of months and used it until now without any issue. However, have tried to book a couple of nights with travelodge and even though their system says they accept visa debit cards, its coming back with an error - stating that it doesnt recognise the number I have given as a visa debit card number. Have tried a few times to put it through so its not a typo.

For those of you who have encountered this problem, is there a procedure that can be followed to get transactions completed??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Jet Black

Try contacting travel lodge first explain this to them. See if they will take the details over the phone.

Or ring halifax explain the the card is not bring accepted. The only thing about this is it could take a while for them to fix the problem (halifax to ring the company explain there visa cards are not working, then for travelodge to investagate or update software)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭brettmirl

The Halifax cards have been working on and off for the last few weeks.

Some days they work at ATMs, some days they don't. Same experience with 'point of sale' which could be effecting your booking too.

I started a thread on this further down the forum.

If you get any answers, let us know.

Advertisement