Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ryanair to Fuerteventura

Options
  • 09-10-2008 6:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 512 ✭✭✭

About this time of year for the last 3 years the wife and I book a Ryanair flight to Fuerteventura for a week at end of January or into February.

We rent an apartment & get a great value week of sunshine to shorten the winter.

I've been trying the Ryanair site for the last few weeks and there are no flights available after 10th January.

They fly Tuesday, Thursday & Saturday, but after 10th January nothing comes up.

Anyone got any explanation, surely they couldn't be booked out and unless they're dropping the route they would be taking bookings now.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭lasno

You do not say from which airport you need to fly. Ryanair fly from Shannon and Dublin to Fuerteventura. I know that they are dropping one of the Dublin flights for the winter as they are having a dispute with the tourism people on Fuerteventura. Probably trying to put pressure on them for more route support. They may be carrying out a review of all their flights to the island.

• Registered Users Posts: 512 ✭✭✭wilson10

Sorry Lasno, we fly from Dublin, only 30 minutes away.

We have friends who have properties out there. It's amazing to think how a business decision by Ryanair could have such a major impact on their lives. They shuttle out there as often as some people visit their country cottage.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭black & white

It appears that Ryanair are having a dispute with the authorities in Fuer. about charges and are playing hardball. There are plenty of people who have booked for dates after 10th Jan and their reservations are still valid but Ryanair are not making any more available.

I'm flying to Fuer. tomorrow from Shannon and have been trying to get another break in March and cannot yet. There is also something similar going on with Tenerife South from Shannon, I priced a flight for a friend in December two weeks ago but now the flights are not appearing on the Ryanair website.

You just need to keep an eye on things. You might also keep in touch with

www.fuerteventura-forum.com

They have up-to-date info from people who live and travel there frequently.

• Registered Users Posts: 512 ✭✭✭wilson10

Thanks for the info guys, strange way to do business, cut off your nose to spite your face, but I suppose that's Ryanair for you. I'll keep watching the site and hope that good sense prevails.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,096 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

it makes no difference to Ryanair where they fly to though, they just want the planes full'ish and not pay too much to land them. It would have a lot less of a negative impact on Ryanair if they just stopped flying to there than the effect of all that tourist money never making it to the resort would have on the resorts economy.

• Advertisement
Advertisement