Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Music Shop (instruments)

Options
  • 09-10-2008 7:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 397 ✭✭

I'm looking to get a new set of string for my acoustic guitar. Preferably nice and cheap :D

Locations of music shops?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭pseudonym1

Nice guy that works in the arch (beside kings head) up the stairs and left.
    He will fix or direct you. :)

Also if you walk through arch take a right cross road a really good muso shop
    another in Upper abbeygate street near Sally longs...

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭lukeeman

TRY MUSIC SHOP IN MIDDLE STREET, MODERN MUSIC

• Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭5times

Powell's - ask for Bushy - he will sort you out.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

I would go with Modern Music myself for strings and plectrums and things like that. I've been dealing with them for 12 years on and off and I have always found them to be courteous and friendly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,349 ✭✭✭nobodythere

Modern music is the place to go

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 719 ✭✭✭Bass Cadet

Mike Tomorrow in Modern Music, he'll sort ye out...just don't leave in an amp to him to be fixed..."Oh...I'll have that for tomorrow"....next day: "Oh...I'll have that for tomorrow"....next day: "Oh...I'll have that for tomorrow"....next day: "Oh...I'll have that for tomorrow"....next day: "Oh...I'll have that for tomorrow"....next day: "Oh...I'll have that for tomorrow"....next day: "Oh...I'll have that for tomorrow, had to order in a part" :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,349 ✭✭✭nobodythere

That's so ignorant... he prefers the name "Mike McTuesday" :p Still, my loyalty lies there, everyone else around town tries to rip you off.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,030 ✭✭✭Lockstep

Modern Music,

staff there are nice and know their stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

Smyths.

No wait...

Modern Music.

• Registered Users Posts: 719 ✭✭✭Bass Cadet

grasshopa wrote: »
    That's so ignorant... he prefers the name "Mike McTuesday" :p Still, my loyalty lies there, everyone else around town tries to rip you off.

they're sound. I always go there too and have been for the last 16 years! Bought my first guitar in there. Mike even threw in a free bag and a few free leads!, sound :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭oneofakind32

Powells or modern music, steer clear of Back 2 Music, your man's a gob****e

Advertisement