Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Another way to meet Bret Hart this year?

• 09-10-2008 7:54pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,602 ✭✭✭✭

I wasn't sure if this was to go into the AWR thread, but i figured this merited a new topic, if the mods disagree, please merge it in with the AWR thread.

I was in Wrestling Mania in Stephens Green earlier today, and the lads there told me that they'll have Bret in the shop on October 26th (Sunday) for 1 hour for an autograph session between 2pm-3pm. They're getting his book in again so ya basically buy the book there and Bret will happily sign it for you.

Dre, i know you're creaming yourself at the thought of that.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

I have also heard there will be an unofficial after party in Fred Zeppelins in Cork on halloween night which the wrestlers from the AWR show will be at.

Who died and made your sig official btw?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,602 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

gimmick wrote: »
    Who died and made your sig official btw?

I did, if you can find anyone on PW more angry than me, then you work right away.

I'm like Randal Graves and Porch Monkey, I'm just taking it back. ;)
    Now... back on topic please. :)

If thats the case, I wish to see your jacket, 4 life. I have never found you angry. Maybe forthright ;). Gerard C is more angry that you. At least when talking of a certain IWW wrestler :D

OT, will that shop, or Bret be charging for his siggy?

If thats the case, I wish to see your jacket, 4 life. I have never found you angry. Maybe forthright ;). Gerard C is more angry that you. At least when talking of a certain IWW wrestler :D

You aint heard me ranting about the state of the music industry today ;)
    OT, will that shop, or Bret be charging for his siggy?

I asked that earlier, they won't be if you buy the book there. If you bring yer own one or the other might charge, you might wanna give the shop a ring for more info on it. Don't have the number to hand, i usually just google it to get it.

Then perhaps you can be officially angry on the music board :p

Ive said it before anyway, I have not, and will never, ever paid for an autograph. If someone signs something great, but I aint paying for he "pleasure".

• Advertisement

Then perhaps you can be officially angry on the music board :P

Then perhaps you can shut it, drop the subject and move back on topic? :)
    Ive said it before anyway, I have not, and will never, ever paid for an autograph. If someone signs something great, but I aint paying for he "pleasure".

Hey i'm with you on that, but as i said, if you've bought the book there, then you're not paying for the autograph. It's the same with WWE HMV signings as well. They'll pretty much only sign the item the shop are promoting and only if it's bought there. Although some have been known to make exceptions in the past.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭EdK

Then perhaps you can be officially angry on the music board :p

You wouldnt be paying for an autograph you would be buying a book

EdK wrote: »
    You wouldnt be paying for an autograph you would be buying a book

Exactly! A book that would be worth more when it's been signed by the author.

Its a fair deal if you dont have the book

Which to be honest, a lot of people in the country don't have unless they ordered it from o'er the pond.

• Advertisement

Chance to meet an all time great and get a great book I don't see many cons

I was thinking he might do an Easons' or two aswell?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,859 ✭✭✭✭Sharpshooter

He is only meeting 60 people that day . lf you buy the book from Niall ( There are only 60 books for sale ) at 38 Euro then you are guaranteed your minuet with Bret.
    Niall will be putting a WrestlingMania stamp on these books to prevent lots of people turning up and going away disappointed.The cost of the book is covering Bret's appearance fee.

Just to clarify that officially it's only the book that he is signing, primarily as he's only there for an hour. Don't bother bringing belts to Wrestling Mania, you'll probably have better luck at Tallaght. You might get away with figs or a DVD you already own if you plan on buying the book there and then.

At the end of the day, it will really depend on the humour Bret is in on the 26th. He's there between 2-3 with a limit of 60 people, so probably better off getting there a little early, cos with Tallaght on the cards later in the day, he won't be sticking around much longer after 3 bells*

*unless of course, it starts a little late, which is entirely possible for those who remember the Rey Mysterio fiasco at Easons in 2005.

KKV - Don't expect Easons, I understand negotiations for European promotion are still under way, so the chances are he may be back a second time to promote it in other shops. But don't take that as gospel either.

According to Niall you buy the book get it stamped and bring it back on the day, with only 60 books for sale l wouldn't wait until the actual day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

Someone ask Bret to sign this:

41J3S362EZL._SS500_.jpg

According to Niall you buy the book get it stamped and bring it back on the day, with only 60 books for sale l wouldn't wait until the actual day.

Yeah but with a 1 hour time constraint, thats one minute per person, time to have a few words with the man and a possible mugshot. You're not gonna get anymore than 60 people. One per book. :)

Man, i was hoping to do something a little more constructive with my 4,000th post :(

ShawnRaven wrote: »
    Yeah but with a 1 hour time constraint, thats one minute per person, time to have a few words with the man and a possible mugshot. You're not gonna get anymore than 60 people. One per book. :)

That was exactly my point.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Fozzy wrote: »
    Someone ask Bret to sign this:

41J3S362EZL._SS500_.jpg

MY JOKE :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 271 ✭✭RAMPAGE1

Got the book today can't wait to meet Bret. I wouldn't say many books are left there were five guys in front of me collecting their books aswell
    Hope Bret is cool on the day, I never thought I'd get a chance to meet him, Anybody on here going to the signing ?

• Advertisement

RAMPAGE1 wrote: »
    Hope Bret is cool on the day, I never thought I'd get a chance to meet him

Just remember he had a stroke and does find being on display in public hard as a result. :o But I havent heard a bad thing said about his signings.

rovert wrote: »
    Just remember he had a stroke and does find being on display in public hard as a result. :o But I havent heard a bad thing said about his signings.

It's not so much that he finds being on display in public hard, he suffers some sort of emotional imbalance as a direct result of the strike from a few years ago.

I'll more than likely be there though, just to get the book signed at least.

It's not so much that he finds being on display in public hard, he suffers some sort of emotional imbalance as a direct result of the strike from a few years ago.

I'll more than likely be there though, just to get the book signed at least.

Im really, really not trying to be smart but wouldnt someone some sort of emotional imbalance generally speaking may have a hard time being on public display? Anyway you are still pretty much right about it all anyway.

Im really, really not trying to be smart but wouldnt someone some sort of emotional imbalance generally speaking may have a hard time being on public display? Anyway you are still pretty much right about it all anyway.

Just reiterating the fact that he has his good and bad days.
    But it doesn't take a stroke to cause that either. People in perfect health have bad days as well.

Emotional imbalance?

Like... does he.. just randomly get angry and leave?:confused:

Emotional imbalance?

No , tends to go for the first person in the queue.

Emotional imbalance?

It's not all that confusing really especially if you've witnessed someone you care about go through a head stroke, or brain cancer for that matter. What basically happens is your brain is being ****ed with. Picture your brain being putty, and a kid is taking bits away and putting it back.

In Bret's case, there are days he'll have higher tolerance levels for working shows and signings like this and there are days where he won't. Either way, he wouldn't sign up for a European tour if he didn't think he could handle it.

There are also days where he'd just cry, rather than get angry. He got really emotional when he returned to Montreal for the first time since the screwjob when all the fans stood up and sang happy birthday.

Hope that explains it for ya.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 gravestone

I can't wait to meet Bret this Sunday at Wrestling Mania for the book signing and then its on to AWR at the Basketball Arena.
    Anybody else heading to the book signing this Sunday

I read that he wore a Owen Hart T-shirt to a signing which I found particularly touching.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

I read that he wore a Owen Hart T-shirt to a signing which I found particularly touching.

So did i.

I heard it had him giving Owen a headlock :o

Anyone know how much Wrestlingmania are selling the book for?

Anyone know how much Wrestlingmania are selling the book for?

€38
    Post edited by Boards.ie: Mike on

Anyone getting the book signed should probably expect this:
    6071_1.JPG

Wonder whats with the dots.

Anyone getting the book signed should probably expect this:

Wonder whats with the dots.

Call yourself a fan?
    So did i.

I heard it had him giving Owen a headlock :o

I dont what to play arm chair psychologist but it is a wonderful gesture to his fans.

Call yourself a fan?

Never said or made it out that i was rovert.

Im a casual fan of his.

Do you know what they are?

• Advertisement

Never said or made it out that i was rovert.

Im a casual fan of his.

Do you know what they are?

So you never seen the same on his ring gear?

Each heart represents one of his children.

I never knew.:o

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭PRICELESS

I got my copy last week, i can't wait to meet him and get it signed.

Anybody who hasn't got the book yet needs to get it pronto, he shoots straight from the hip, no BS! Great read!

Wrestlingmania in Stephen's Green is the only place that has it too i think and you get it signed by the man himself!

Not everyday you have the opportunity to meet Bret Hart! See you all there!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

PRICELESS wrote: »
    I got my copy last week, i can't wait to meet him and get it signed.

Anybody who hasn't got the book yet needs to get it pronto, he shoots straight from the hip, no BS! Great read!

Wrestlingmania in Stephen's Green is the only place that has it too i think and you get it signed by the man himself!

Not everyday you have the opportunity to meet Bret Hart! See you all there!

Stopped reading here

callaway92 wrote: »
    Stopped reading here

Maybe you should've kept reading.

• Advertisement

Just read in the Observer Bret's book will enter the New York Times Bestseller List at #8 which is phenomenal considering it was available to buy from other countries for a year, it didn’t get WWE TV exposure and Bret has been out of the spotlight for nine years.

Ding ding! We have a winner. We'd copped this in 1990 when he went from having 3 hearts on his leg to 4. It wasn't titles that it was counting so it was obviously something a little more personal than that. ;)

Ding ding! We have a winner. We'd copped this in 1990 when he went from having 3 hearts on his leg to 4. It wasn't titles that it was counting so it was obviously something a little more personal than that. ;)

Also very cute considering his children's surname.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 271 ✭✭RAMPAGE1

Just heard the interview on 2fm it was really good
    Can't wait to meet him Sunday
    Awesome story on him and Owen in Canada

• Registered Users Posts: 2,009 ✭✭✭kronsington

damn, i wanted to hear this.

what were the questions like? was the person speaking to bret condescending/patronising/completely clueless about wrestling?

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭PRICELESS

Damn! missed the 2fm interview!

I have to say i thought seeing him inducted into the Hall of Fame in Chicago 2 years ago was as close as i'd get to meeting my hero and now i'll actually be meeting him in Stephen's Green. shocking!

Kudos to Wrestlingmania!

I don't care what people on here have to say about the wrestling shop,
    you may think it's a bit pricey but meeting Bret Hart...PRICELESS!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,443 ✭✭✭Red Sleeping Beauty

PRICELESS wrote: »
    Damn! missed the 2fm interview!

I have to say i thought seeing him inducted into the Hall of Fame in Chicago 2 years ago was as close as i'd get to meeting my hero and now i'll actually be meeting him in Stephen's Green. shocking!

Kudos to Wrestlingmania!

I don't care what people on here have to say about the wrestling shop,
    you may think it's a bit pricey but meeting Bret Hart...PRICELESS!

The irony of your username is not lost Mr. Wrestlingmania

Hearts were his children and Star's were his title's .

The irony of your username is not lost Mr. Wrestlingmania

:eek::confused:

:eek::confused:

I think he thinks PRICELESS is the guy who runs Wrestling Mania.
    Pity for him that he couldn't be any more wrong!

• Advertisement
Advertisement