Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Another way to meet Bret Hart this year?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,443 ✭✭✭Red Sleeping Beauty

ShawnRaven wrote: »
    I think he thinks PRICELESS is the guy who runs Wrestling Mania.
    Pity for him that he couldn't be any more wrong!

It's not someone who works there ? Said poster has 2posts and both of them are glorified advertisements for Wrestlingmania!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,602 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

Or maybe he's someone like my good self who has more than two posts but actually doesn't have a problem with the shop?

Anyway... who are you again?

This forum's fucking wierd.

This forum's fucking wierd.

:rolleyes:
    Wah wah wah wah wah!
    You know where the logoff button is then, don't you?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,859 ✭✭✭✭Sharpshooter

I really dont know why Wrestling Mania gets a raw deal in here.
    Niall has a shop and overheads to run and he has always been fair with me when I go in.

When Wrestle Mania 85 to 05 came out l was very happy to pay Niall the money for it.

When the Royal Rumble 88 to 07 came out , again l was happy to part with my cash.

l wonder just how many , who previously hadn't a good word to say about his shop will be queuing on Sunday.

I really dont know why Wrestling Mania gets a raw deal in here.
    Niall has a shop and overheads to run and he has always been fair with me when I go in.

When Wrestle Mania 85 to 05 came out l was very happy to pay Niall the money for it.

When the Royal Rumble 88 to 07 came out , again l was happy to part with my cash.

l wonder just how many , who previously hadn't a good word to say about his shop will be queuing on Sunday.

I bought a copy of Hardcore Homecoming from there about 2years ago and the disc was blank, brought it back and had to argue for a refund, didn't get one and got a useless store credit/voucher which wasn't signed so therefore wasn't accepted when I tried to use it.

I bought a copy of Hardcore Homecoming from there about 2years ago and the disc was blank, brought it back and had to argue for a refund, didn't get one and got a useless store credit/voucher which wasn't signed so therefore wasn't accepted when I tried to use it.

Find that strange tbh , l bought the Shoot Interview with Earl Hebner and his bro and it stopped before they got to talking about Bret ( Which is why l bought it in the first place ) , l brought it back to the shop and only Mark was on , he rang Niall and Niall said to give me my money back.
    Again they are good guys , and l for one will always shop in there.
    Alan try going in when Niall is on , tell him what happened and see how it goes.

I don't get the WM hate either. Some people say their prices are too high, you seen the price HMV are looking for the Bret DVD? Nearly 50 euro! :eek:

That is very odd, i've had occasional scratched discs (due to bad packaging when they were shipped to the store) and they swapped them out with no questions asked.

My question is why didn't you just get another copy of Hardcore Homecoming? If they gave you store credit, it may have been because they didn't have another copy.

They won't do refunds on DVDs for the same reason HMV generally wont, due to piracy, and it's piss simple to rip and burn a DVD. Most places will only give a refund if the disc is sealed, if it's opened, TS unfortunately.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 271 ✭✭RAMPAGE1

I can't believe we're talking about the same shop. I have never had any problems like this before and I have found the guys to be really helpful
    Why don't you drop in and ask for Niall tell him who you are and get it sorted out

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

RAMPAGE1 wrote: »
    I can't believe we're talking about the same shop. I have never had any problems like this before and I have found the guys to be really helpful
    Why don't you drop in and ask for Niall tell him who you are and get it sorted out

"Hi Niall, you've been on boards yeah?

Well i'm KKV..."

*Smack*

:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 271 ✭✭RAMPAGE1

"Hi Niall, you've been on boards yeah?

Well i'm KKV..."

*Smack*

:pac:

Puzzled explain ?

RAMPAGE1 wrote: »
    Puzzled explain ?

I was trying to think of someone who has bad mouthed WMania before.

In fairness, I do love wrestlingmania.

I only badmouth the parts of the store that i feel are..well.. bad. But its not something i'd only moan anonymously about on t'internet. I've told Niall before that i don't like some of his prices, etc. and feel he is charging too much for some items. I'm not going to lie to him.

Some of his figures are very over-priced, and when i said this to him he tried to explain to me that his figures are the american releases of the figures, and therefore will be somewhat different to the versions that Smyths, etc. get.

Of course, I'm a pretty knowledgeable figure collector, and seen right through that story straight away.

But i've spent a lot of money in the store, and I'm glad to see that there is a proper Wrestling-dedicated store around. His t-shirt prices, i find, are great. I also remember one time i went in and he had a bunch of random, old WWE shirts there. I've managed to find the Kane "Big Freak'n' Machine" T-shirt there, which is a shirt i've wanted for a long time.

Overall the store is great. But for wrestling figures only, its not so good, and considering figures would be my prioritized piece of merchandise to get, I tend to not be in love with WrestlingMania.

Both guys are nice guys, too. Which is a nice bonus. I actually kinda have to admit, I'm a little upset i didn't go up and get a Bret book. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

I've told Niall before that i don't like some of his prices, etc. and feel he is charging too much for some items.

He's only charging too much if what he has in stock isn't selling. I would assume he is in business like most people to make a living.

And your whole last post was 1 big contradiction.

And your whole last post was 1 big contradiction.

... How?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

... How?

Like this:
    I do love wrestlingmania.
    I tend to not be in love with WrestlingMania.

It's blatantly clear what i meant.:rolleyes:

This forum is really going to crap.:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

To who? Not to me or Vince clearly

I was in the shop yesterday, I'm surprised they get by with how little they sell

Well then quote the whole sentence and it becomes a lot clearer:
    for wrestling figures only, its not so good, and considering figures would be my prioritized piece of merchandise to get, I tend to not be in love with WrestlingMania.

I like that there is a Wrestling orientated store around. I think its a great shop as a whole. However, I don't care much for their Wrestling figure section.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭McConnon

Anyone actually finished reading the book yet?

As far as the Wrestling Mania shop goes I've never been so it'll be a first for me tomorrow.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

McConnon wrote: »
    Anyone actually finished reading the book yet?

As far as the Wrestling Mania shop goes I've never been so it'll be a first for me tomorrow.

I got it on e bay a few months ago. Say what you like about Hart but its attention to detail is second to none and theres an unexpected sense of humour shown in places. Its seriously addictive reading, I tore through it in a few days, despite its sheer volume.

He does let himself down as always in a few ways like the usual over inflated opinion of self and but thats an argument for another day.

I'd recommend it to anyone.

I like that there is a Wrestling orientated store around. I think its a great shop as a whole. However, I don't care much for their Wrestling figure section.

Admit it KKV, your in love with WMania, you wanna have its babies!
    you want to lay it down by the fi-are, and gonna make mad love!

:p

Yeah, i Love Mania, (i'll admit it) the guys are friendly, 90% of the time they like to chat, they arent just trying to get you to buy something.

I don't know why they get a bad rap off here. I still remember giving someone a recommendation to go to them for a replica belt.
    But people started ripping the piss out of me and saying how i gave them crap advice?

Anyways, gonna try and bring this back on topic:

Wait, this thread is about wrestling mania,... job done :)

This forum is really going to crap.:(

Well you know what they say don't you, if you're not part of the solution, then you're part of the problem!

Well you know what they say don't you, if you're not part of the solution, then you're part of the problem!

And what exactly is the solution?

And what exactly is the solution?

I think the problem is a little more important. And I think VR! knows only too well what the problem is on this forum.

I think the problem is a little more important. And I think VR! knows only too well what the problem is on this forum.

It's simple Shane, The solution is to not get into a hissyfit just because someone doesn't share your particular opinion. Especially when the facts outweight it.

That goes for everyone. If someone comes out with an opinion, i'll respect it, but i'll ask people for reasons as to why, and where their basis was.

In this world folks, it's called a discussion. Nobody has to agree, but we don't need to walk off in a huff and sulk about it like certain people did about certain wrestlers.

This forum actually is hilarious. Some of ye are unreal.

Yeah, and you're a real help.

Yeah, and you're a real help.

Ooh , a strong put down by a big bad internet forum veteran. You win, I'm so pwned :(

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭SASR

Hm, sounds like a lie to me.

Niall's always bang on and helpful to the customers. If it is true then you were probably rude/a pain in the proverbial to deal with.

• Advertisement

Ooh , a strong put down by a big bad internet forum veteran. You win, I'm so pwned :(

Quit trolling or get the f*ck out mate.

Oh we are real alan, WERE DAMN REAL!!

And you better believe it.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

Please ignore the trolling and leave a mod deal with it as replying to a troll usually results in a thread being closed (and I guess most here don't actually want that).

It's simple Shane, The solution is to not get into a hissyfit just because someone doesn't share your particular opinion. Especially when the facts outweight it.

That goes for everyone. If someone comes out with an opinion, i'll respect it, but i'll ask people for reasons as to why, and where their basis was.

In this world folks, it's called a discussion. Nobody has to agree, but we don't need to walk off in a huff and sulk about it like certain people did about certain wrestlers.

But, 'Shawn', I never moaned or complained about anyone's opinions (or facts :rolleyes:) until they started telling me that i shouldn't like Kane. Or that whenever there is an argument/discussion/whatever in a different thread, Kane is always brought up for no reason whatsoever.

It bugs me when its the same old sh*t over and over again with every conversation in here.

Me: Hey
    Someone: Hey
    Me: I disagree
    Someone: Well Kane sucks!

Its never ending.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭RebelRockChick

Ponster wrote: »
    Please ignore the trolling and leave a mod deal with it as replying to a troll usually results in a thread being closed (and I guess most here don't actually want that).

And on that note, heard the signing went well today. Anyone that went care to share their experience? :)

And on that note, heard the signing went well today. Anyone that went care to share their experience? :)

There probably wont be for a while.
    My bets is that they are all at the tallaght show.

Guess its up to you and me to make conversation until they get back....

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭McConnon

Got two books signed today, one for meself and one for my mate who's book I got as a birthday present. Bret gladly inscripted "To Peter, Happy Birthday.." when I told him it was a birthday gift which I though was really cool.

I was near the end of the queue but Bret seemed in good form and it was well after 3pm when I got in to see him, though I think he was a few minutes late showing up. No-one was turned away from what I could see from meeting Bret and getting an autograph and photo taken, book or no book.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

But, 'Shawn', I never moaned or complained about anyone's opinions (or facts :rolleyes:) until they started telling me that i shouldn't like Kane.

Give me one example of this happening

rovert wrote: »
    Give me one example of this happening

Wow, wasn't expecting you to ask that. :rolleyes:

Rovert, for the sake of my sanity, can we please just drop it all. You're only back from AWR, i doubt you want to end the night with (yet another) Kane argument.

• Advertisement

Wow, wasn't expecting you to ask that. :rolleyes:.

Sorry if you Im responding to a claim which you cant back up.
    Rovert, for the sake of my sanity, can we please just drop it all. You're only back from AWR, i doubt you want to end the night with (yet another) Kane argument.

Im not looking for an argument you are the one who still has a chip on your shoulder just because I injected some reality into your and others assessment of Kane:
    But, 'Shawn', I never moaned or complained about anyone's opinions (or facts :rolleyes:)

Why are you rollng your eyes exactly? Do you have better information? Can you dissprove what I said?

Im not looking for an argument

Well then stop quoting and replying to me. Just let it go.

Well then stop quoting and replying to me. Just let it go.

Instead of not quoting and alluding to an event which never happened :rolleyes:
    But, 'Shawn', I never moaned or complained about anyone's opinions (or facts :rolleyes:) until they started telling me that i shouldn't like Kane. Or that whenever there is an argument/discussion/whatever in a different thread, Kane is always brought up for no reason whatsoever.

It bugs me when its the same old sh*t over and over again with every conversation in here.

Its never ending.

It never ends does it?

That wasn't true at all until the previous week. And nobody has told you that you shouldn't like Kane, I certainly didn't. All i did was point out my reasons as to why I don't. You then tried to dispute them, which is fine. However you had no valid points when it came to disputing. You were called on this and then you went off in a huff.

THAT was the problem. The fact that you don't acknowledge it shows that it's not a past tense ether, it still is a problem.

Its never ending.

And it will alway be never ending until you accept that the whole world won't ever be a Kane lover like yourself. Time to let it go, don't you think?

I'll try to keep it short and straight. It was well done. It started off a little late due to traffic issues, but ended late as well. The turnout was about twice as expected with the queue pretty much the entire length of the Stephens Green S.C

Bret took the time out to have a few words (for those willing to attempt it), one of the amusing things of the signing was when Bret was given the inlay of Wrestling With Shadows DVD, which Bret did sign, but he also drew an image of a black eye over Vince's right eye, and a pair of devils horns on it.

Wrestling Mania sold every Bret book they had between combinations of pre signing orders and sales on the day. I had two to get signed, one i bought on the day, and one i got the year before, which i had asked Niall if i could get signed. The are slight differences in the cover. Bret mentioned this as well and i'd explained that i got it a year ago but still didn't have the time to have fully read it yet, while complimenting him on the level of detail in the book..

I'd asked him how the tour had been going thus far, he said "it's nice to be on tour for a change that didn't involved being bodyslammed". I thanked him and went on my merry way.

I wasn't a huge Bret fan, but his professionalism on the occasion earned (and deserved) a lot of respect this afternoon. 60 seconds that turned around 15 years of judgment on my end.

End of.

Well , it actually happened.biggrin.gif
    Bret signed his book , the Hart Foundation figure pack and my Hitman mag.
    He was looking good, a bit tired maybe but didn't mind photos been taken.
    He asked me if l wanted the book dedicated to anyone special and l said no just his sig would be enough.
    He wanted to know if l was enjoying it and l told him l hadn't started it yet as l was waiting for him to sign it first, he looked up at me and said " don't skip through it ,enjoy it".
    It was all very quick , Niall took 2 pics with my camera and l shook Bret's hand and thanked him for the opportunity to meet him and then had to leave.

There was at least 100 people there and l was about midway in the queue so l don't know if everyone got to see him. There didn't seem to be any checking on the books to see if they had been bought in Wrestling Mania so hopefully everyone got their chance to meet him.

Anyway it is a memory l will relive again and again.

Thanks to Niall for putting up with the heavy negotiations to make it happen.

• Advertisement

You can disagree on aspects of his career but he was a big part of most of our Wrestling childhoods and Wrestling would have been a lot less interesting without him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Great to here all the positive feedback on meeting Bret, he sounds like a very grounded individual.

On a side note, I'm not happy at how more than one thread has been derailed today by repeated baiting of a poster into an argument.

You can disagree on aspects of his career but he was a big part of most of our Wrestling childhoods and Wrestling would have been a lot less interesting without him.

Oh yeah, plus the Hart Foundation from 1985-1991 were a tag team that were well ahead of their time and were very instrumental in a very successful tag team division in the WWE.

Now those were MY childhood memories of Bret Hart, and damn good ones. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Spot on. There's plenty things I'd fault him on over the years, but in a strange way seeing him at the show in Tallaght and meeting him at the book signing for a few brief seconds kinda brings home that he's just a person like all of us and a seemingly genuine, humble and polite one at that. I dunno how to describe it, its strange a found his little speech a bit like a goodbye as if hes putting the final piece of closure on his career. I'm going to go back and read his book again now a second time with a little more of an open mind and will probably enjoy it all the more for it.

LZ5by5 wrote: »
    On a side note, I'm not happy at how more than one thread has been derailed today by repeated baiting of a poster into an argument.

Neither are we, but it's back on track, so can we please keep it this way? :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement