Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sliderobes

Options
  • 09-10-2008 8:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭

I want to get sliderobes fitted into my bedroom, I saw in woodies that there are DIY ones which at a rough tally would cost about €700 to do a section approx 2m wide, .5m deep and 2.5m tall.

As an amatuer DIYist, is this a disaster waiting to happen?

Anyone got an approximate cost for getting the professionals in?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 tonyoo1974

engrish? wrote: »
    I want to get sliderobes fitted into my bedroom, I saw in woodies that there are DIY ones which at a rough tally would cost about €700 to do a section approx 2m wide, .5m deep and 2.5m tall.

As an amatuer DIYist, is this a disaster waiting to happen?

Anyone got an approximate cost for getting the professionals in?
    Hi ye, with regarding to your sliderobes question.
    just be aware that the company "Sliderobes" dont supply to Woodies or similar companies e.g B&Q etc.....
    I bought a set of sliding doors from Woodies last year....they fell apart within the year.
    Im a trades man and happy with the way i fitted them...but the wheels on the doors are made from a cheap plastic, which fell apart within months.
    I ended up going to the company Sliderobes to get doors supplied and fitted..
    They have an excellent company service....well worth the money......oh and you get a 10 year guarantee on the doors....peace of mind too with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭engrish?

tonyoo1974 wrote: »
    but the wheels on the doors are made from a cheap plastic,

I automatically sang that in my head to the tune of "The wheels on the bus"....

Thanks for your advice. What price did you pay for the sliderobes?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 tonyoo1974

I paid €1103 for supply and fit for a set of 5ft mirrored doors.
    well worth the money..excellent service..
    they arrived at 10:30 in the morning gone and all by lunch...great fitting.
    and got by garauntee the day after i paid.....
    goin by the standard of fitting i wont need it.

gud luck with search,,,many companies out there who do sliding doors.
    but i would advice you to go to the original and best......maybe

• Registered Users Posts: 969 ✭✭✭gabbo is coming

tonyoo1974 wrote: »
    I paid €1103 for supply and fit for a set of 5ft mirrored doors.
    well worth the money..excellent service..
    they arrived at 10:30 in the morning gone and all by lunch...great fitting.
    and got by garauntee the day after i paid.....
    goin by the standard of fitting i wont need it.

gud luck with search,,,many companies out there who do sliding doors.
    but i would advice you to go to the original and best......maybe

Wait, is that 11 hundred for a set of doors or for the 5ft wardrobe? If it's for the doors only - well check out Ikea. Anything I've bought it Ikea, and it's a lot, have been top top quality...250 - 450 sterling for the wardrobes and doors.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,355 ✭✭✭secman

tonyoo1974 .. 2 posts only and they both sounded like an advertisement for Sliderobes ???? A tad OTT perhaps ?

Secman

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭charlieroot

I recently used this company http://www.sliding-robesystems.ie was very happy with the result. A lot cheaper than Sliderobes who I thought were way over priced.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

I recently used this company http://www.sliding-robesystems.ie was very happy with the result. A lot cheaper than Sliderobes who I thought were way over priced.

With a name that similar to Sliderobes they have to be good :p

- In my opinion Sliderobes are a fantastically designed, very high quality product which are then sold at prices that are simply beyond stark, raving foaming-at-the-mouth with your empty wallet lunacy.......

• Registered Users Posts: 35,103 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Last year we threw out the old (previous owners') sliderobe-a-likes from the main bedroom. They were coming off the track all the time, and having a full mirrored wall at the end of the bed was too much even for my liberal tastes :) got nice built-in wardrobes instead. There is nothing wrong with good old fashioned doors and hinges! There is no point in sliding doors, if you don't have space to open a hinged wardrobe door then something is seriously wrong with your bedroom layout. They are also a silly price, as others have pointed out.

If someone said he was going to cover his bedroom wall in mirrors you'd think he was some sort of perv, but if they say they are getting sliderobes they get away with it :D

© 1982 Sinclair Research Ltd

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭heathersonline

Lads I used these as well, qoute was a lot better than the origional and quality is excellent, I've them in a couple of years now

Advertisement