Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Question about Slender Pro

• 09-10-2008 8:14pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 543 ✭✭✭

Hi all :)

Having regained a stone over the last year that I had previously lost on WW, I decided during the week to do something about it. I am just back from a 3 week holiday in france so know a bit of the weight gain is due to that. I read with interest the Celebrity Slim thread and thought that maybe it was for me, but thankfully G'em's post brought me back to reality - what I need is a new healthy eating plan. So ive cut down on carbs and upped the veg. I also bought a tub of Slender Pro as I get quite hungry around 3 and I do work out.
    I tried it today and took a scoop between meals before and after lunch. However - it didnt really fill me :confused: Is one scoop enough?? Or am I having some kind of carb withdrawl...i was craving white bread for the afternoon :eek:

Anyone know if this is normal as I dont want to succumb to my cravings and am determined to lose the spare lbs over the next few months.

Any advice welcome :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,819 ✭✭✭✭g'em

mrsberries wrote: »
    Is one scoop enough??
    Depends on your size as a person to be honest. I'd usually find a good heaped scoop plenty but I'd probably have a piece of fruit with it.
    mrsberries wrote:
    Or am I having some kind of carb withdrawl...i was craving white bread for the afternoon :eek:
    You probably are to be honest! Craving white bread could mean that you're essentially in need of more energy (white bread is basically sugars) and you may need to reassess where you're getting your carbs from and how they're spread throughout the day. For example, I start out the day with proteins and fats, eat a small amount of carbs at lunch and then have a relatively high carb dinner after I've been to the gym in the evening - this way I'm eating carbs when I can afford to and I keep my energy levels up. A favourite is a big warming bowl of porridge with protein powder it in - fills me up and makes me feel good!

Don't get me wrong, I still crave carbs every so often, but I have a few contingency foods for when that happens (thank God for plain popcorn :p).

Kudos on the big effort made so far btw!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 543 ✭✭✭mrsberries

g'em wrote: »
    Depends on your size as a person to be honest. I'd usually find a good heaped scoop plenty but I'd probably have a piece of fruit with it.

Im small - 5ft 1 and 10st6lbs... Probably just need to readjust to smaller portion sizes.

Thanks for your advice - I really enjoy reading your posts. Regarding the carb spread. What Ive been basically eating is
    Breakfast: bowel of Hi-8 muesli with Activea yoghurt
    snack: scoop of slender pro
    Lunch: soup and ham or turkey salad
    snack: scoop of slender pro and 15 pistachio nuts
    Dinner: chicken breast and oven roasted veg (peppers/onion/sweet potato)

I presume this should fill me and i hope im somewhere on the right track but im a slave to my hunger pangs!!

I presume this should fill me and i hope im somewhere on the right track but im a slave to my hunger pangs!!
    Protein is your friend with appetite control!

You're absolutely on the right track, now you just need to play around with things a little bit to see what suits you best.

You could try having eggs in the morning - you can load up an omelette or scrambled eggs with things like spinach, mushrooms, tomatoes, ham or turkey bacon to make it more filling. Salads can be hyoooooge and filled with greens. A handful of berries or some chopped pineapple alongside your mid-meal shake or as dessert after a main meal could help too.

What time of the day do you find yourself getting hunger pangs most often?

I get really hungry around 3ish. Have an early lunch at 12. Not sure if its habit or a comfort thing in work but the late afternoon has me famished!

I get really hungry around 3ish. Have an early lunch at 12. Not sure if its habit or a comfort thing in work but the late afternoon has me famished!
    If that's the case then you can double up on your serving of Slender-Pro in the afternoon - if you're famished there's no point in continuing to starve yourself, you'll only end up overeating later in the day.

• Advertisement

Was thinking this myself. Im starting a 7pm pilates class tomorrow so will definitely need to feel full (in a light way) in the late afternoon.

Thanks again for your advice

Advertisement