Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Mondello Driving School

• 09-10-2008 8:24pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭

Just done Mondello Driving School Intermediate Level Course today. Absolutely great buzz even in the wet, highly recommended. Expensive but worth it. Will be booking the advanced course soon. Those single seaters leave you just begging for more :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

The rev limiter on the cars is the only thing I didnt like (4500rpm is nothing:P), would love a go in one of the full race ones. Talking about that, if you have done the begineer and inter' course now, would you not be better off jumping right in, and hire a formula rover or vee off David Sheane for a wkend, I know he does some sort of arrive and drive package for *I think* something around €600. No better buzz than sitting on a grid full of people all ready to battle it out flatout all the way!!!

I'd say it was hairy enough in the wet, so easy to lock up a wheel even in the dry!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭v10

Timmaay wrote: »
    The rev limiter on the cars is the only thing I didnt like (4500rpm is nothing:P), would love a go in one of the full race ones. Talking about that, if you have done the begineer and inter' course now, would you not be better off jumping right in, and hire a formula rover or vee off David Sheane for a wkend, I know he does some sort of arrive and drive package for *I think* something around €600. No better buzz than sitting on a grid full of people all ready to battle it out flatout all the way!!!

I'd say it was hairy enough in the wet, so easy to lock up a wheel even in the dry!
    To be honest, I think I noticed the rev limiter 3 or 4 times in the 15 Laps ! Maybe I was shifting a bit early because of the wet but I didnt get the impression the extra revs were needed as the power seemed to peak earlier than 4500 revs.

Had a few moments in the wet today alright, it was quite greasy .. although managed to get through it without a spin.

Any Links to info on hiring a car like you mention ? it sounds like it could be better value than the €420 :eek: they're now charging for the 40-50 mins driving in the advanced course.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 467 ✭✭nikimere

v10 wrote: »
    Any Links to info on hiring a car like you mention ? it sounds like it could be better value than the €420 :eek: they're now charging for the 40-50 mins driving in the advanced course.
    Dont forget you;d have to get a racing licence, do the test for getting the licence, buy a suit, boots, gloves, helmet etc...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭v10

LIGHTNING wrote: »
    Im glad you enjoyed your day, I was working today as one of the instructors today. What was the name of your instructor? You never know it might have been me!
    Yeah really enjoyed it.. I had done the beginner course before about 5 years ago also in the rain so now I'll probably try the advanced next but would like to do it in the dry. My Instructor was Clare.

As for the race car hire .. you've done a good job of making the Racing School look cheap in comparison !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

LIGHTNING wrote: »

Total for one race: around 2300 and I have probably forgot some stuff. A race is timed at 15 mins which works out at around 12-14 laps which is same as the school. So overall its not too bad value, remember motorsport aint cheap.

:eek::eek::eek:, Ok, I was abit off with my estimate so! Think I will be sticking to motocross for the minute, ya get to race nearly every wkend from april-nov, new bike every year and you get 3 20min races at a time, and can be done on a total budget of 6-8k a year.

• Advertisement
Advertisement