Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Guerrilla Lighting

• 09-10-2008 10:55pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭

Was at the Guerrilla Lighting event in town tonight, Each venue was lit for about 90 seconds so it was a bit rushed!

Let me know what you think.

2927111093_78cc22f500.jpg

2927111499_1f264fb70c.jpg

2927113453_648c8cb46d.jpg

More here:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭smelltheglove

Loving them. Can I post mine even though you outshine me???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Dodgykeeper

Post away Smellyglove and would love to see Baz's aswell

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭Ricky91t

What is this Guerrilla thing?

3 is my fave nice contrast between pink/purple and blue!

A load of lighting professionals going around dublin lighting things with Torches, LED Lights etc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭AnimalRights

1st two are my favs, incredibly sharp for night time.
    Most impressed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 694 ✭✭✭kgiller

1st two are my favs, incredibly sharp for night time.
    Most impressed.

+1

Very nice

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭AnimalRights

We should really ask him what lense did he use I guess eh?

His lense was cool! Me so jealous!!!

Did I talk to Baz? Oh my God I'm terrible I didn't even realise, I'm so bad at names...

Mine seem to have a bit of a tone that I haven't been able to remove completely but here we go.

2927209019_14b304436a.jpg?v=0

2928066770_2e0924e401.jpg?v=0

2928067424_874c62bf54.jpg?v=0

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,724 ✭✭✭✭thebaz

Did I talk to Baz? Oh my God I'm terrible I didn't even realise, I'm so bad at names...

I was the guy with panasonic non SLR . Talked to a few photographers.
    I had a good time , met a few frinends etc., glad I went , but fealt it was visually a bit flat, i was expecting fireworks.
    Maybe because it was all last minute due to fealing a bit sick, having no SLR and no tripod my favs were of people on the journey :-

http://www.flickr.com/photos/thebaz/

An Garda watches a Christchurch strike
    2929006310_9684eda2f1.jpg

Smithfield Kids
    2928426624_5ef96a4c99.jpg[

Smithfield lighting
    2928394544_cb29b0ea1f.jpg

Wow I love the Gard one. Hubbie spoke to him said he was sound.

I didnt talk to many people really, as mad as it sounds I'm shy:o

The Four Courts was a bit disappointing but I still have to upload little ones pics as she was right up front with her little bridge camera, she's only 6. She thought she took bad pics but I must find the cable and upload them and let you guys see.

You got a good angle on the smithfield one knocking out that annoying light!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭trooney

Mailed these guys a couple of days ago looking to get in on the action, but never heard back from them. I loved the whole idea, but I have say, I'm a bit underwhelmed after seeing the photos. No offence to the photographers or the photos. They look great. But I thought there would be a lot more lighting. Maybe next time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 LittleLady 2005

Hey,
    i was in charge of one of the tea lights last night. it was great fun.
    Big cheers to BDP for organising it! :D
    The photos looked great by the way.
    Can't wait for the next installment!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,724 ✭✭✭✭thebaz

Wow I love the Gard one. Hubbie spoke to him said he was sound.

sound as a pound , like most groups in life there is good and bad

• Closed Accounts Posts: 156 ✭✭Mully

trooney wrote: »
    I loved the whole idea, but I have say, I'm a bit underwhelmed after seeing the photos ... But I thought there would be a lot more lighting. Maybe next time.

Howdy.

I know what you mean about looking at the photos, the thing is, the 'before' photos are not shown, & these really highlight the difference. I look at those photos & can't picture how they differ to the buildings on a normal night. When you see the befores, beside the afters. Its very noticable.

I work for BDP & was just talking to the official photographers (they really liked keepers & gloves photos btw). The pictures were originally intended for internal use only (BDPs intraweb), but seeing as this was a public event, they are going to set up a flickr page (or similar) so we all can see how last night panned out.

Cheers to all those that came along. Was a fun night, & I love the 'Smithfield kids' photo ... I loved talking to those kids. At the Fruitmarket, they was saying it was a load of bollocks, but as soon as we flicked on the lights, you could here them saying "wow" ... Which really was the point of the whole exercise.

I'll send on any links or Photos I get.

Godspeed. little Doodles.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

I really need to pay more attention to this when it is coming up next.

Annoyed i missed it.

Dragan wrote: »

Annoyed i missed it.

It was all a bit clandestine, article in the times a few weeks back, register on a website and the locations not revealed until last night, but it was fun, as regards the before and after pics there is a marked difference all right maybe should have posted them.

Also the two official photographers were very nice and helpful, this imho is not always the case with expert snappers when ppl like myself and the glove come along and step on their turf!

It , article in the times a few weeks back

There will be an article in this Sunday's Times.

For those who weren't there a very very quick before and after. First shot I have done the same pp as second but obviously with the second shot the added light made the picture much better, I think I even used a slightly faster shutter speed for it.

The thing is it wasnt exactl a let down but this shot is the first one, I only stayed for 3 but it was the best so after this at the Four Courts it was just kinda, oh iykwim. All extremely well organised and fair play to the people who organised it, I'm sure it was a great atmosphere at the end!

2929396246_eb65db3662.jpg?v=0

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭AnCatDubh

Is this a one off or are there plans for it again?

Its an interesting idea - i wonder in the urban environment does the ambient lighting kind of muck up the photographic opportunity somewhat? Or i guess what i'm saying is should the choice of venues be selected on the basis of not having much on street lighting. Or maybe its just that is actully the challenge to the photographers - get it in 90 seconds or less.

Eitherways well done to the lighters and the togs!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 guerillalight

Dragan wrote: »

Annoyed i missed it.

The next target will be Belfast, probably a few months into next year. We would love to see you up there. Keep an eye on http://guerrillalighting.net/ for details around the time.

The after party was excellent and I would have asked you all to come along to show your shots on the projector at the party if I had thought of it at the time. (I assumed you were all with the papers and had to dash off)

Great to see you all there, The more cameras the better.

BDP
    www.bdp.com

• Advertisement

(I assumed you were all with the papers and had to dash off)

Great to see you all there, The more cameras the better.

BDP
    www.bdp.com

Ha I had to dash off to put the kids to bed.

Thanks a million for allowing us to tag along, it was a great night. Very well organised!

http://rapidshare.com/files/154509417/Guerrilla_Results.pdf.html

Above is the pdf of the final results. Cheers to all involved.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 guerillalight

LIGHTWAVE 2009
    Guerrilla Lightwave: Thursday 22nd January 2009

Guerrilla Lightwave will launch LIGHTWAVE 2009 at the Science Gallery. Sponsored by Ulster Bank, LIGHTWAVE 2009 will be building on the success of last year’s festival with a range of lighting technology and science events across the capital.

Leaving from the science gallery we will be targeting three prominent buildings across the city centre. The event will culminate at the science gallery with the LIGHTWAVE 2009 launch party.

To register please email to chantelle@guerrillalighting.net
    See also: www.thesciencegallery.com

Flash Lighting: Friday 23rd January 2009

A spontaneous ‘flash-mob’ will encourage a playful engagement with light in our public spaces. Participants will meet in a specific place in Dublin City centre with their own torches from home. On the blow of a horn they will emerge from the crowd to instigate a pre planned performance with their flash lights.

To register please email to flashlighting@live.ie
    See also:www.flashlightingdublin.blogspot.com

You have no idea what you have done, there will be millions of them! Myself Baz and SmellyGlove had the place to ourselves the last time:D:D:D:D

yep gonna have to fight for spaces now!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 762 ✭✭✭Buzz Lightyear

Just emailed Chantelle re Thursday evening. Gotta make this. You three can't keep the fun to yourselves :p. Would love to make friday only I'll be on the batter in the UK:D

Advertisement