Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The greatest Irish victory over the English!

• 09-10-2008 10:58pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭

Remember this amazing win?

Was trolling YouTube and found this on the way.

It still brings a tear to my eye watching it.

I would love to have a copy of this whole match but after a lot of searching i still cant acquire a copy of it.

Hopefully we can destroy them again next year in Croke Park.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

Video link doesnt work....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

I have a funny feeling that the match in question came as a second disc on an irish rugby dvd! I will check if it does tomorrow and let you know damo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,452 ✭✭✭SomeFool

Just had a look and the England game is an extra on the triple crown dvd's from '04 and '06, the '07 one 'Reaching for Glory' didn't include the England game as a bonus. Pity!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,093 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

What a day! I Hope someone can find a copy of that game somewhere! Im Dying to see it again!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 460 ✭✭JWAD

SomeFool wrote: »
    the '07 one 'Reaching for Glory' didn't include the England game as a bonus. Pity!

While it was a big day and all that, I really look forward to the time when the quality of a season doesn't hinge around how Ireland do against England.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭Hippo

JWAD wrote: »
    While it was a big day and all that, I really look forward to the time when the quality of a season doesn't hinge around how Ireland do against England.

+1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,452 ✭✭✭SomeFool

JWAD wrote: »

I'm not saying last year was a quality one, not at all, but that was a pretty historic day and it would have been nice to include it in the DVD as they had previously.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 460 ✭✭JWAD

SomeFool wrote: »
    I'm not saying last year was a quality one, not at all, but that was a pretty historic day and it would have been nice to include it in the DVD as they had previously.
    What I mentioned is the main reason why it wasn't included.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,657 ✭✭✭komodosp

Ahhh... I had a copy of this on my HDD recorder... little did I know when it runs out of space, unless you have an option selected, it just starts deleting the oldest files... :(

So I lost it...

What I don't get is the Ulster flag... The northern Irish flag I could understand, but Cavan, Monaghan and Donegal are doubly represented! That must have given Ireland an unfair advantage...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 975 ✭✭✭louthandproud

Damo9090 wrote: »

Remember this amazing win?

Was trolling YouTube and found this on the way.

It still brings a tear to my eye watching it.

I would love to have a copy of this whole match but after a lot of searching i still cant acquire a copy of it.

Hopefully we can destroy them again next year in Croke Park.

Jees, I was in the hill that day and thats the first time I have seen that since. Hairs are standing etc...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,193 ✭✭✭[Jackass]

one of the finest sporting occasions in Irish history and one of the best performances I've ever seen from an Irish side. All around, it was a fantastic occasion that wont be forgotten.

Advertisement