Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Saturday Spin: 11 October 08

Options
  • 09-10-2008 11:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,333 ✭✭✭

Hey all,

Any one about for spin this Sat? A bitta Wicklow maybe?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,989 ✭✭✭✭blorg

I'd be on for it, maybe taking in Shay Elliot/Slieve Maan and then looping back around the hill (reverse of the Mick Byrne route?) Can anyone make a 9am start for a long one?

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

I'm out. Have to go on the radio tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,400 ✭✭✭Caroline_ie

el tonto wrote: »

OH! What station what time? Can I come too?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

Will you give us a shout out?

• Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭barrabus

I'm out going to this instead www.cycleshow.co.uk .

• Advertisement

Eeerrrrr Actually ...
    barrabus wrote: »

Can I join you instead? ... :pac:

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

I'll be on Phantom, just after 11.

What will you be talking about?

barrabus wrote: »

I'm jealous. You get to play with lots of carbon do-dahs all day.

Raam wrote: »
    What will you be talking about?

I'm reviewing The Apprentice

• Advertisement

OHHHH COOL!!!! You just climbed the coolness meter right up to the ' Super F***ing Cool, I so wanna be you' mark. I think will actually come with you ...

OHHHH COOL!!!! You just climbed the coolness meter right up to the ' Super F***ing Cool, I so wanna be you' mark. I think will actually come with you ...

I think Caroline is impressed.

Raam wrote: »
    I think Caroline is impressed.

I had a slot in a radio show a few years ago ...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭TinyExplosions

Ba, Phantom is rapidly going downhill since it went commercial -was much better in its pirate days!

Ba, Phantom is rapidly going downhill since it went commercial -was much better in its pirate days!

Yep, now they let people like me on the air.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,087 ✭✭✭unionman

I'm reviewing The Apprentice

Well, at least it's not the 'gotcha' mainstream media with their incessant fact checking, *wink*.

And so I'm not completely OT, am planning to go with Orwell on Sunday morning.

unionman wrote: »
    And so I'm not completely OT, am planning to go with Orwell on Sunday morning.

I'll be going out with de Wheelers as well.

I'll be going out with de Wheelers as well.
    Where does this start from? I was planning on joining up this year.

blorg wrote: »
    Where does this start from? I was planning on joining up this year.

Joe Daly's, 9:30am sharp.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,333 ✭✭✭72hundred

So who's in for tomorrow?

Where do ye fancy starting from?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭irishmotorist

I won't be able to make it, I'm afraid. I'm hoping to get out for just an hour or two at around 10.30, leaving the City Centre towards Howth or some such. Hopefully I'll get back out for a proper spin in the next week or two.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,333 ✭✭✭72hundred

I won't be able to make it, I'm afraid. I'm hoping to get out for just an hour or two at around 10.30, leaving the City Centre towards Howth or some such. Hopefully I'll get back out for a proper spin in the next week or two.

That could suit me. Bit of a sleep in and a short enough spin = +++!

Where you heading out from at 10.30?

I'm edging towards later now if I am to be up early on Sunday for the Orwell spin- anyone on for Wicklow direction 10:30ish? irishmotorist?

@el tonto- what is the spin on Sunday likely to be like? Distance/pace? Does it split up or stay together?

@el tonto- what is the spin on Sunday likely to be like? Distance/pace? Does it split up or stay together?

There were at least four separate groups last Sunday. Essentially you'll have a choice of beginners, 'step up' and fast group. I did the beginners spin last week. 90km at 25kph. I'll probably join the step up group this week because a mate of mine is down as the ride leader. If I were to hazard a guess, it would be probably be much the same distance. I've no idea what the fast group did last week as they left from the Pope's Cross.

Thanks for that; I may try keeping up with the step up group myself, is it likely heading up the mountains? Is there any etiquette or anything else I should be aware of? (I'll wear a helmet and try to take my turn at the front.) OK to come along for a few weeks before joining?

Thanks for that; I may try keeping up with the step up group myself, is it likely heading up the mountains? Is there any etiquette or anything else I should be aware of? (I'll wear a helmet and try to take my turn at the front.) OK to come along for a few weeks before joining?

Yes, it's likely they'll be heading Wicklow direction alright and its fine to show up for a few spins befor joining. Aside from the helmet, I can't think of anything else. The group would be a bit tighter than the boards spins, but I'm sure you're used to that anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭zzzzzzzz

There were at least four separate groups last Sunday. Essentially you'll have a choice of beginners, 'step up' and fast group. I did the beginners spin last week. 90km at 25kph. I'll probably join the step up group this week because a mate of mine is down as the ride leader. If I were to hazard a guess, it would be probably be much the same distance. I've no idea what the fast group did last week as they left from the Pope's Cross.

We were in the step up group... weren't we? There were two beginners groups and a step up group that went from Joe Daly's and then the fast group that went from the park. Some from the step up group went on to do the wicklow gap when we turned back towards lacken.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

I'll be there on sunday, might give the "step-up" group a go.

72hundred, count me in for a spin tmw.

We were in the step up group... weren't we? There were two beginners groups and a step up group that went from Joe Daly's and then the fast group that went from the park. Some from the step up group went on to do the wicklow gap when we turned back towards lacken.

I started in a beginners group, you started in a setup group. We ended up bumping into you guys in Lackan and joining you for the latter part of the spin.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭zzzzzzzz

I started in a beginners group, you started in a setup group. We ended up bumping into you guys in Lackan and joining you for the latter part of the spin.

Ahhh... that makes sense

Advertisement