Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Saturday Spin: 11 October 08

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭irishmotorist

I'll be leaving the South Circular Road around that time so will be going through the city centre shortly afterwards. I'm getting my car serviced so I want to go for a localish spin. I don't want to end up with a puncture in the middle of Wicklow and miss my pickup time!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,333 ✭✭✭72hundred

Looks like we've two opinions: Howth or Wicklow hills?

Irishmotorist for howth

Blorg for Wicklow hills.

DirkVoodoo any preference?

If its a 10.30 I don't mind either, leaning towards Wicklow hills if weather good...

Met.ie for tomorrow:
    Saturday will be bright with sunny spells developing, after early fog clears. Mostly dry, but a few showers are likely in the morning over west Ulster and Connacht. Highest temperatures will range 13 C to 16 C, in a moderate southwest breeze.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

72hundred wrote: »
    Looks like we've two opinions: Howth or Wicklow hills?

Irishmotorist for howth

Blorg for Wicklow hills.

DirkVoodoo any preference?

If its a 10.30 I don't mind either, leaning towards Wicklow hills if weather good...

Met.ie for tomorrow:
    Saturday will be bright with sunny spells developing, after early fog clears. Mostly dry, but a few showers are likely in the morning over west Ulster and Connacht. Highest temperatures will range 13 C to 16 C, in a moderate southwest breeze.

I may do Howth.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,833 ✭✭✭niceonetom

i'd be up for wicklow spin tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,400 ✭✭✭Caroline_ie

niceonetom wrote: »
    i'd be up for wicklow spin tomorrow.

Me 2

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 445 ✭✭LDB

I'll probably do Howth if I can get my gears sorted out. stuck in big ring at the mo :(

LDB wrote: »
    I'll probably do Howth if I can get my gears sorted out. stuck in big ring at the mo :(

Keep the big ring! Great training that is!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Raam wrote: »
    I may do Howth.

Correction, I will do Howth.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,333 ✭✭✭72hundred

Great to we've a split down the middle between Howth and Wicklow!

Anyone heading from Castleknock for the Wicklow spin tomorrow?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 445 ✭✭LDB

Keep the big ring! Great training that is!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm a wuss

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,833 ✭✭✭niceonetom

how about 10am under the luas bridge in dundrum? it's worked before...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

Woah, nothing too crazy there Tom!

I'm gonna go for wicklow seeing as its outside my backdoor.

10am at the Luas bridge it is so.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,278 ✭✭✭peterk19

Ill do howth want to see how the shoulder rehab is going been off the bike over a month

OK Howthies. where do you want to meet? I'm coming from south town so can meet anywhere round the city centre or the way out. For me, I'd say town at 10.30 or out northside a bit shortly after.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,045 ✭✭✭Húrin

OK Howthies. where do you want to meet? I'm coming from south town so can meet anywhere round the city centre or the way out. For me, I'd say town at 10.30 or out northside a bit shortly after.
    sorry can't make it due to college commitments. damn

I'll see yis on the cycle track somewhere. I'll be on a white bike. If LDB is with me, she'll be on a black bike.

Hurin - 10.30 Liberty Hall it is. I'll be the Fred wearing the tights on the Hybrid! I'll PM you my number. You might be advised to edit your number out of that post - you might end up being inundated with 'Yore Ma' calls at 3am :D

As you may have noticed, I didn't make it out. The heart said "yes", but the raging hangover and pain in my head screamed "no".
    Apologies.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

As you may have noticed, I didn't make it out. The heart said "yes", but the raging hangover and pain in my head screamed "no".
    Apologies.

Wuss

el tonto wrote: »
    Wuss

Your dulcet tones on Phantom helped ease the pain.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

Your dulcet tones on Phantom helped ease the pain.

That must be one hell of a hangover if my performance helped.

The heart said "yes", but the raging hangover and pain in my head screamed "no".
    Not to worry, though the time of your post saying you'd be on the cycle track along the way should have been the first clue :D

It was a nice morning for a spin - I went out and did a couple of laps of Howth head, then across as far as Booterstown and then just back to collect the motor. There was a bit of a headwind heading back from Howth towards the southside which was the only downer. How come I never notice the tail wind when going the opposite direction :confused:

How did the Wickla spin go?

How did the Wickla spin go?
    51.6kph spill ... after 35km. Ouch ... thx to Dr 72oo & the lads who nursed me back to kind of health. In bed with PC & frozen peas watching Sean Kelly winning Milan SanRemo.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭Gavin

51.6kph spill ... after 35km. Ouch ... thx to Dr 72oo & the lads who nursed me back to kind of health. In bed with PC & frozen peas watching Sean Kelly winning Milan SanRemo.

Ouch is right, hard luck. That's rather fast to come off.

Not to worry, though the time of your post saying you'd be on the cycle track along the way should have been the first clue :D

It was a nice morning for a spin - I went out and did a couple of laps of Howth head

At the time, I had every intention of honoring that post :)
    I did a couple of laps of Howth myself in the end...eventually.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 385 ✭✭emty

Glad to hear the peas are ok Caroline:)
    Could not believe how hard I found it today.My wheels felt like they were glued to the road and each turn of the pedals required a super-human effort.Liquid jelly would have been firmer than my legs.Never so glad to get home.
    Oh,and btw,if anyone sees a small,saddle-shaped object with planet-x stamped on it sailing across the night sky thrust me,its NOT the space shuttle!!

• Registered Users Posts: 421 ✭✭SetOverSet

@ Caroline - Did that happen on that hill coming into Enniskerry??

I took a spin out that way myself today and saw a few boardsies couple of Boards kits and a Francaise Des Jeux in the picnic area on the left as I was leaving Enniskerry to head back to Dublin. They were gathered around a girl (you?). I was thinking you looked in shock, which makes sense now. Hope you're Ok anyway :)

SetOverSet wrote: »
    @ Caroline - Did that happen on that hill coming into Enniskerry??

I took a spin out that way myself today and saw a few boardsies couple of Boards kits and a Francaise Des Jeux in the picnic area on the left as I was leaving Enniskerry to head back to Dublin. They were gathered around a girl (you?). I was thinking you looked in shock, which makes sense now. Hope you're Ok anyway :)

Was me... us. And it is still very sore... the bike is fine tho... i protected it as a true roadie would.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

Sorry, I didn't make it out, I had a lie in.

Thanks for the txt Caroline, hope you guys weren't waiting around for me. Hope the leg is better soon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 421 ✭✭SetOverSet

Was me... us. And it is still very sore... the bike is fine tho... i protected it as a true roadie would.

Good to see you have your priorities right :D

Advertisement