Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

JG AK Beta stopped working! Help!

Options
  • 10-10-2008 12:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭

I was shooting my ak the other day and then the battery ran out. When i went to recharge it back up it didnt shoot at all. Does anyone know why thid would happen? I checked the wires and they seem to be fine. Is there a fuse or some electronic part in the mechbox that might have blown?
    Any help would be great! Last resort would be to bring it to eirsoft to get repaired. Its exactly like the same thing that happened to my friends jg Mp5. He bought it in eirsoft then shot it a few times then it just stopped shooting. Eventually eirsoft/Ritchie fixed it

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

might it be that the battery is too low? try setting the fire selector to full auto too,
    If that doesnt help, you can remove the pistol grip but removing the screw underneath it, takes 2 seconds and then remove the motor, (another 2 screws) you'll be able to trigger the antireversal latch then and the piston should release, then try firing it again with a charged battery.,

• Registered Users Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭Irishmaster

vtec wrote: »
    might it be that the battery is too low? try setting the fire selector to full auto too,
    If that doesnt help, you can remove the pistol grip but removing the screw underneath it, takes 2 seconds and then remove the motor, (another 2 screws) you'll be able to trigger the antireversal latch then and the piston should release, then try firing it again with a charged battery.,
    No i tried the battery in another gun and it worked so its not that. Tried on full auto too, so not that either. Ok ill try that other stuff tomorrow. Hope it works! So what your saying is that the anti-reversal latch might be out of place or something out of place? Hope i dont have to open the gearbox. Pain having to do so! Not that i cant.
    Thx again for your help!!!

the battery might be ok in other gun but its not un common for a V3 box to lock up, theres usually 3 ways to unlock it,

1, A fully charged battery and the selector in fully automatic.

2, Release the anti reversal latch and the pressure on the spring will be released.

3, depending on the gun, if you possible you can push the piston all the way back with a long thin screw driver or as i use, an allen key. do this by inserting it into the air nozzle and pushing inwards. the gears will turn over and the gearbox should fire after that.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

Jeasus, would want to be a very long and thin screwdriver!

The anti-reversal latch sounds best.

The beta ak though, afaik, the receiver is in the way of one of the screws if you just remove the grip, as its a 47 type ak with the extended receiver wedge to the grip.

To strip that gun, which is handy enough to get to the GB do this.

Take off top cover, take out the screw holding in the hop adjuster arm, take bolt guide bar out of button at back, undo the screw holding on the top tray on the to of the gun.

Turn gun over, take out 4 screws at front of gun, two are in the magwell, the whole front end should slide off.

Take out battery, undo screws on stock, slide off stock.

Pop little cover off selector covering a screw, remove screw.

Take off grip screw finally and the gearbox will pop out.

Take off the two screws holding in the motor cage on the gearbox, look inside gearbox through motor opening.

You'll see the bevel gear, it has a small arm touching it, push up on this arm and it should release the mechanism, this may be tough to do.

Try the battery fully charged first, then this if you havent a very thin screw driver that fits in the air nozzle hole.
    If none of this works (it should) reassemble the gun, and have it repaired by eirsoft, or delve into the gearbox yourself.

Having written that, I just remembered mechbox.com bloody well have an ak stripdown guide, feck it, they also have a guide to V3 gearboxes if you open it.

Stripping a TM ak to the gearbox involves alot of screws, but nothing too hard, just dont lose you screws, or mix them up, and you are fine.

Jeasus, would want to be a very long and thin screwdriver!

You dont do it with the gearbox still in the gun, :p
    All ya need is something about 4-5 inches long and thin enough to go through the air nozzle, then just push the piston right back.,

• Advertisement

Cheers Stercus for that long essay and helping but as you said mechbox have a cool site but most guns are not done just the main ones. Ill try all that today maybe if i have time. Less time for drinks maybe! Lol. Its weird how thats a fix cause the gun does nothing when i shoot. Weird how lose parts could make that difference! Thx all!

Got as far as taking off the handgrip and moving out the mechbox but the 2 screws attaching the motor to the box is a weird set of star shaped screws so i cant take it off. Oh well! I have those weird star drivers but they dont fit. Any way might have to bring it down to eirsoft then!:mad: Just found out that there called t bits. I have an incy one called a t10. i must need the next smaller one. ****!

Got as far as taking off the handgrip and moving out the mechbox but the 2 screws attaching the motor to the box is a weird set of star shaped screws so i cant take it off. Oh well! I have those weird star drivers but they dont fit. Any way might have to bring it down to eirsoft then!:mad: Just found out that there called t bits. I have an incy one called a t10. i must need the next smaller one. ****!

They are hex screws, TM the beggars used them too.

An allen key in the right size, if you have a set, will get them off.

No they actually use Torx screws, As far as i can remember its a T4 torx.
    you can get it off with a small flat blade screw driver though,
    is the gearbox out of the gun at the moment? if so have you tried pushing the piston back?

Whoops, I meant torx.

You can get them off though using an allen key.

I've never had a torx head screwdriver and have always removed them with allen keys.

• Advertisement

vtec wrote: »
    No they actually use Torx screws, As far as i can remember its a T4 torx.
    you can get it off with a small flat blade screw driver though,
    is the gearbox out of the gun at the moment? if so have you tried pushing the piston back?
    Yeah the gearbox is out. I tried the smallest allen key and that didnt work. Its tiny the torx screw. Ill try the my tiny flathead later. Hope that works!
    Havent tried the piston thing yet. I will when my hangover subsides!:)
    Thx guys!

Thx for your help guys! I took the mechbox out and moved the fire selector about on both sides and now its working. I think the cogs on the selector might have been misaligned or something. Dont know how though cause i never took the box out at all.

Advertisement