Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

GIGABYTE GA-73PVM-SH2 Problems

• 10-10-2008 12:16am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭

Hey Bought a New Setup for myself, Have a Problem with Gfx, It has Onboard DVI,VGA,HDMI, and I Also bought a 9800GT, Not the Computer will book ie the harddrive will turn etc but i cant the any display up with on DVi/VGA on Board or on the 9800GT GFX i have double checked EVERYTHING, Cable is fine, Any help before i kick it.

Forgot to add i have double checked the ram, also fine.

The only second hand thing is the CPU which i bought from a User on adverts.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

Can you get an display using the onboard only, without the 9800GT installed?

Did you disable the onboard in the BIOS? Some boards do this automatically when pci card is installed but no harm checking.

Also worth noting that the Gigabyte GA-73PVM-SH2, 'The DVI-D port does not support D-Sub connection by adapter'. Thats using an adapter to connect a standard VGA lead (blue) to the DVI port.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭PowerHouseDan

I cant even get to the Bios, its just showing nothing on the Screen using both the Onboard GFX or the PCI-E GFX card, The Board, has Sep DVI-VGA-HMDI outputs aswell and none of them worked either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

Faulty board or processor then I'd say.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 951 ✭✭✭andrewdeerpark

Take the MB out of the case and place on a plastic bag, or the silver plastic bag that came with it. Incorrectly grounded MB is a common cause of no boot.

Disconnect all IDE, SATA cables plus only connect the power switch button to the cluster in the front (HD led, reset etc unplug) also handy to connect the speaker cable.

Disconnect the PSU from any external item bar the MB; hard drive, cd-rom, floppy

Ensure the MB has its ATX power connected, plus the CPU power (if present) and the CPU cooler fan now attempt to boot.

After that reseat the memory, CPU and external graphics card still no boot then a faulty CPU or board

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭PowerHouseDan

Yeah will try all that, Someone told me there thats its 100% the PSU its underpowered so will try a new one in abit.

• Advertisement
Advertisement