Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Computer Problems

Options
  • 10-10-2008 12:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭

Hey Bought a New Setup for myself, Have a Problem with Gfx, It has Onboard DVI,VGA,HDMI, and I Also bought a 9800GT, Not the Computer will book ie the harddrive will turn etc but i cant the any display up with on DVi/VGA on Board or on the 9800GT GFX i have double checked EVERYTHING, Cable is fine, Any help before i kick it.

Forgot to add i have double checked the ram, also fine.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 343 ✭✭Ishindar

for both onboard graphics and a graphics card not to give a dispaly u would have to suspect the cable or monitor. have u connected these up to another PC to ensure they work ok?

if your monitor and cable are ok. u you may need to switch your onboard graphics on in Bios(hold down del key when u boot to get into the bios).

for a graphics card not to work... u may need to disable your onboard graphics, reseat your graphics card in its slot(try this a couple of times) and ensure u have the extra power connector connected up to the graphics card.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭PowerHouseDan

Cable/Monitor are fine and working.And i cant access the Bios thats what i am trying to say.the Screen is Blank.And yeah i had the extra power in the gfx card.

Ishindar wrote: »
    for both onboard graphics and a graphics card not to give a dispaly u would have to suspect the cable or monitor. have u connected these up to another PC to ensure they work ok?

if your monitor and cable are ok. u you may need to switch your onboard graphics on in Bios(hold down del key when u boot to get into the bios).

for a graphics card not to work... u may need to disable your onboard graphics, reseat your graphics card in its slot(try this a couple of times) and ensure u have the extra power connector connected up to the graphics card.

Advertisement