Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How do I know?

Options
  • 10-10-2008 2:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

First of, I'm a girl early 20's, no significant relationships with guys and I'v never even snogged a girl, confident in most areas of life but completely freeze up when it comes to any kind of romantic interest even though I'd love to be in a relationship.

So there's this girl that I have known for years and over the last few months we have gotten to know each other much better. It turns out we get on really well which is fantastic.

I have suspected for quite a while that she is gay but a couple of incidents and the way she looks at me made me think "wouldn't it be funny if she was into me!" Ever since then I have been noticing every little move she makes (most of which have been in a positive way towards me) and I think she likes me. As I said before, I'm not used to getting any kind of attention and part of me is totally doubting what I'm seeing.

Could it be my imagination trying to compensate for my nonexistant lovelife or could she really like me?

I don’t know if her hints (lingering looks and touches etc. that are different from my other friends) are just her and I am a little older so I wonder does that factor? I don't even know she's gay for sure and I have no idea what to do. I just keep trying to act normal but still friendly.

On top of that I think she’s getting really pi$$ed off with my nervous cheesy smile (all my frozen brain can muster up) I keep giving her when these possible “hints” happen. I hate that I could be hurting her and the funny thing is I think I’d be up for it if she was.

Should I just ask her?
    Should I say something and risk sounding like an eejit or should I let her say something…evenually?
    This is someone I see often so if I make a mess of things I could really regret it!!??

Comments

Advertisement