Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Whitesnake

• 10-10-2008 2:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭

Does anybody have any idea if they will be playing over here anytime soon?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭NIBBS

wrathchild wrote: »
    Does anybody have any idea if they will be playing over here anytime soon?

I'd doubt it to be honest, they were in Belfast in June and with the exception of a few Asian dates I don't think they are planning on a Euro Tour in the near future.......I'd say a US headlining tour will be next.......

saw them twice in the summer and have to say I think David's voice is becoming very strained, but they are still class.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

NIBBS wrote: »
    I'd doubt it to be honest, they were in Belfast in June and with the exception of a few Asian dates I don't think they are planning on a Euro Tour in the near future.......I'd say a US headlining tour will be next.......

saw them twice in the summer and have to say I think David's voice is becoming very strained, but they are still class.

strained?! how so? i saw them a couple of years ago and he was incredible, as good as early days whitesnake and his deep purple days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭NIBBS

strained?! how so? i saw them a couple of years ago and he was incredible, as good as early days whitesnake and his deep purple days.

well the last time I saw him before this year was in 2003 I think, and I thought he was outstanding then - but in Holland in June, certainly in the early part of the set he was pretty much screaming and the the voice just didn't sound right, was avoiding some of the higher notes too - now maybe he was just a bit under the weather but was certainly not on the same form he had been a few years earlier, then saw them in Belfast at the end of June and he definitely sounded better that night - but still in places seemed to be pushing very hard to get there at times.........having said that for a man of his age I think his voice is great, and it isn't something that would bother me too much anyway as I think he's a fantastic frontman.......

Advertisement