Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

advice needed...

Options
  • 10-10-2008 8:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭

Hi,

I was driving home last night and as I went to change gear and push in the clutch I felt something kind of pop/snap and the pedal remained to the floor - I pulled it back up with my hand and now it won't engage anymore.

Any ideas if this means I will have to get the entire clutch replaced or may be something minor like a broken cable or slipped disk.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

EireEV.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,685 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

EireEV wrote: »
    Hi,

I was driving home last night and as I went to change gear and push in the clutch I felt something kind of pop/snap and the pedal remained to the floor - I pulled it back up with my hand and now it won't engage anymore.

Any ideas if this means I will have to get the entire clutch replaced or may be something minor like a broken cable or slipped disk.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

EireEV.

Make/Model/Engine ?

Hopefully it's just a clutch cable which you could probably replace yourself for the cost of the cable (last time I bought one it was £15). I'm sure with more vehicle details someone will be able to tell you if that's a likely solution.

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭EireEV

Thanks.

Seat Leon 1.4P

Advertisement