Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best smartphone on the market ??

• 10-10-2008 8:15am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭

I'm itching to replace my ageing Nokia E61 at the moment, but because its a fantastic phone I'm finding it very hard.

I had a look at the E71 but it doesn't light my fire at all. And I quite like the look of the HTC Touch HD, but its not out yet.

The thing is the phones I do like the look of have Windows Mobile 6.1 and are a bit sluggish.

So to wrap it all up, I need a phone with a fairly open platform S60 or WinMob 6.1. Don't want UIQ for reasons I can't go into.

Any suggestions ?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭elderlemon

I would have thought the E71 WAS the natural path for you. I consigned my E61 to the bin a month or so ago for the E71 and I don't miss the 61 at all.

The E71 is just so much better in all respects. Some say the screen is too small but I don'k agree. The smaller screen makes the handset narrower and easier to hold.

The OS is a lot better - lots more shortcuts , especially off the home page which make things much easier. GPS is great, radio and so on. I also found it a LOT faster than the E61. Menu's are zippy with no lag.

If you want Symbian then I don't think you'll do better than the E71. If you want Winmob then someone else will have to chime in as I don't have a clue.
    KTRIC wrote: »
    I'm itching to replace my ageing Nokia E61 at the moment, but because its a fantastic phone I'm finding it very hard.

I had a look at the E71 but it doesn't light my fire at all. And I quite like the look of the HTC Touch HD, but its not out yet.

The thing is the phones I do like the look of have Windows Mobile 6.1 and are a bit sluggish.

So to wrap it all up, I need a phone with a fairly open platform S60 or WinMob 6.1. Don't want UIQ for reasons I can't go into.

Any suggestions ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭strecker

Agree wwith the previous poster: E71 should be your 1st choice, but if it "doesn't light your fire", you're obviously weirdhard to persuade :P

a lot of the new wm devices look pretty on paper, but trust me: after you have used an E61 you will experience a lot of not so good differences :P

The e71 is miles faster than my asus p550 which is by far one of the fastest wm phones I have ever used

Advertisement