Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NTL broadband down a few days in Artane

Options
  • 10-10-2008 9:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,760 ✭✭✭

TV+Phone+Broadband went on Tuesday at 5pm.
    TV came back up at 3.30pm Wednesday, but no phone or broadband.
    Automated message from UPC/NTL on Wednesday morning was there was fault they are working on.
    On Thursday, it was that it should be fixed by 5pm.

Now Friday and the message now says it in the Dublin area and mentions TV, phone and broadband and no mention of when it will be fixed.

Does anyone know what the problem is and why its taking so long to fix?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭barneyeile

Just out of interest, what is the NTL Broadband like in the Artane area normally? Is it reliable most of the time? The higher speeds and price make it attractive. Of the speeds they offer which do you think is best in your experience? Sorry for all the questions. I think somebody must of cut a major cable in the area when digging so the rumours go!wink.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Alligator Wine

Normally it's really good, never had a problem before and had the bundle for 4 months or so. This is ridiculous now though, 3 days without phone!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,760 ✭✭✭bazwaldo

barneyeile wrote: »
    Just out of interest, what is the NTL Broadband like in the Artane area normally? Is it reliable most of the time? The higher speeds and price make it attractive. Of the speeds they offer which do you think is best in your experience? Sorry for all the questions. I think somebody must of cut a major cable in the area when digging so the rumours go!wink.gif

I can't comment about the history of NTL broadband in Artane as I only transferred two weeks ago. For the time it was up, I was getting 17mbps most of the day and in the evening it dropped to 10mbps. (I'm on the 20mbps option)

I think this is reasonable considering my experience with BT broadband. I've had them before NTL for a few years. It dropped connection every few hours for a minute or so and it would drive me crazy and for the past couple of months, once it got to around 5pm, the speed would drop to about 10% of what it should have been so I reckon contention ratio caused this.

I moved mainly due to the drop in speed and when I compared NTL, NTL worked out cheaper for a faster connection. Also, people in work who have had NTL broadband said it was great.

Fingers crossed this current drop in connection is a once off. Getting to 4 days now and I really need broadband at home so I can work.:(

Advertisement