Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Clone Wars (Animated TV 2008)

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭Rawr

Watched Episode 20 last night.

Automatic A+ for not including Ashoka, but apart from that, a very good episode setting up the final battle on Ryloth.

I love those Droid Tactical Commanders. They make up for the mornonic characters of the battle-droids.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,256 ✭✭✭Spon Farmer

It’s just gone 4.30am and I just finished the the Ryloth trilogy.:cool:

Spectacular.

I guessed early on what the kid was calling Boiler and Waxer, but it still had the right effect on me when Kenobi told them the meaning. ;)

And Windu’s moment on the bridge – whoa!!! - I actually could not believe what I was seeing.:eek:

The last three episode should have had a cinema release.

Awesome.

I had thought ‘ Liberty ‘ was the season finale, but l’m glad to hear that there is one more.

Did anybody else spot the Indiana Jones 'easter egg'.

It’s just gone 4.30am and I just finished the the Ryloth trilogy.:cool:

Spectacular.

I guessed early on what the kid was calling Boiler and Waxer, but it still had the right effect on me when Kenobi told them the meaning. ;)

And Windu’s moment on the bridge – whoa!!! - I actually could not believe what I was seeing.:eek:

The last three episode should have had a cinema release.

Awesome.

I had thought ‘ Liberty ‘ was the season finale, but l’m glad to hear that there is one more.

Did anybody else spot the Indiana Jones 'easter egg'.

+1 Spon Farmer, it is an outstandingly good episode.

At last some focus on Mace Windu. This brings back flash-backs of the Mace Windu short in Clone Wars where he takes on a whole droid army alone. I would have liked to see him use the same fast-punch attach he used there....but regardless, he kicked ass as always.

I can't work out the Indy easter egg. Are you referring to the bridge (ala Last Crusade)?

Two gripes...be them very small. One is Ashoka (as always...I know), she really didn't need to appear in this episode, and yet she's injected in there with a token line.

The second is yet another reference of the CIS as the 'Seperatist Alliance'. The CIS were always refered to as 'Seperatists', but this 'Seperatist Alliance' as something new that's come with The Clone Wars. Is this going to be a another retacon of the series?

Rawr wrote: »
    This brings back flash-backs of the Mace Windu short in Clone Wars where he takes on a whole droid army alone.

actually I never liked that.... it made him too powerful.:eek:
    I can't work out the Indy easter egg. Are you referring to the bridge (ala Last Crusade)?

One of Ryloth treasures being loaded onto the Separatist transport is the Ark of the Covenant.:cool:
    Two gripes...be them very small. One is Ashoka (as always...I know), she really didn't need to appear in this episode, and yet she's injected in there with a token line.

you'll just have to accept her :D
    The second is yet another reference of the CIS as the 'Seperatist Alliance'. The CIS were always refered to as 'Seperatists', but this 'Seperatist Alliance' as something new that's come with The Clone Wars. Is this going to be a another retacon of the series?

I just call them the baddies:confused:

you'll just have to accept her :D

Just can't do it farmer....it's like asking me to accept Jar Jar :D

he makes me laugh ;)

Watched the final episode of the series the other day.
    All I can say is, the Villian was outstanding. Cold, calculating, and well-written.

According to the Season 2 teaser, he'll feature often, which is something I look forward to. If it turns out that he's the one who kills Ashoka (I still hope :pac:), then he'll end up my favourite Star Wars villian :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭V9

With S1 over, whats the general opinion of The Clone Wars? I personally think it has preformed well above my expectations and reallly impressed me. I always found character reactions to be as good as af actors were playing em, which really adds to scenes.

I don't really mind Asoka at all, I cant say I've watched an episode and said "FOAD ya bitch". I have about Jar Jar, cept for that episode when he saved Obi-Wan and Skywalker from the pirates.

I hope to see Shaak Ti and the likes in S2, more Mace also, but most of all, Arc troopers, but I am unsure if the Arcs were active by the time the commanders came into service. Oh the commandos would be cool to seee too. :)

V9 wrote: »
    With S1 over, whats the general opinion of The Clone Wars? I personally think it has preformed well above my expectations and reallly impressed me. I always found character reactions to be as good as af actors were playing em, which really adds to scenes.

I don't really mind Asoka at all, I cant say I've watched an episode and said "FOAD ya bitch". I have about Jar Jar, cept for that episode when he saved Obi-Wan and Skywalker from the pirates.

I hope to see Shaak Ti and the likes in S2, more Mace also, but most of all, Arc troopers, but I am unsure if the Arcs were active by the time the commanders came into service. Oh the commandos would be cool to seee too. :)

Hmm...

It's a bit of a mixed bag in my opinion, but it's got enough going for it to keep me hooked.

When I learned about 'The Clone Wars' I was hoping for an in-depth look at the clone wars, in the style of the older Clone Wars cartoon. 'The Clone Wars' touches on that style often, but also went off on a less appealing tangent for time to time as well.

I do feel that it should not have opened with a feature film. At very least, not with the arc they used. The likes of the Ryloth arc is a lot more feature-worthy, in my opinion than say, a story about a Hutt named 'Stinky'. What they had used for the film, should have been direct to DVD.

In general:
    The Clone troopers are examined in more detail, which is something I liked, with a good deal more character development there. The episode 'Rookies' was a highlight of the show.

General Grevious and Dooku remain menacing throughout, and continue to serve as very good villians. They are joined by some very interesting CIS commanders, who were also quite good. In the down side, Ventress, a character who was well-done and creepy in 'Clone Wars', is sort of downsized into a stock villianess in 'The Clone Wars' with some awful dialogue. She said very little in 'Clone Wars' and it worked well, the same should have been used here in my opinion.

My opinion on Ashoka Tano is spread across this thread, so I won't repeat myself there. I don't like her, simply put. I feel that she is a wasted chance to develop a new Jedi character and they could have done a far better job here in developing the character over time. This doesn't seem to happen in Season 1. Her character and skills appear to remain constant. My wish for Season 2, beyond her timely death, is for them to flesh her out a bit and actually spend time on maturing her character beyond the smart-ass kid that she is. Then, I might change my opinion.

Jar Jar.....just....just no. Stop it Lucas Co, it doesn't work if you keep injecting him into Star Wars! He's already in Return of the Jedi! That's bad enough!! So just give it a rest. No more in Season 2 please!

I look forward to Season 2. Like V9, I also hope for plenty of Shakk Ti, and plenty of Mace Windu and all of the other cool Jedi!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭V9

What I personally like about the series is that the director (the bloke with the funky hat) often acknowledges the EU and often takes pieces from it.

I remember the commentary of Starwars.com of the episode with Kit Fisto (YAY FISTO) and Grevious he said he knew of the backstory laid out for Grevious, how he was rebuilt and what not, but he also said Lucas had his own ideas on him, where he chose these enhancements etc, but he approached it in a way where the EU and Lucas' idea are left open.

The one thing that always bugged me was the total disregard by Lucas for the EU, much of which is better than anything he could come up with.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭Mr.Lizard

It may be Lucasfilm's intention to have the entire series out of sequence.

Quite possible as they already did this with "The Young Indiana Jones Chronicles" when it was on TV back in the early 1990's. That show in no way followed a conventional timeframe and Indy could often jump forward a year or back a year from ep to ep.

Only when I bought the DVD's does it seem do the eps appear to have been reordered in chronological order. Perhaps when the CloneWars DVDs come out it will be resorted in some sort of chronology.

anybody spot the iPod Nano in the season finale?:D

Advertisement