Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

EVO4 or Silvia S14?

Options
  • 10-10-2008 9:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭

If I can get time next week, I'm going to give the car a wash, take some pictures and put it up for sale. Could take ages to sell in the current market but I might as well start thinking about what I'll get to replace it now, so does anyone have any experience with the above cars?

I'd be leaning towards an EVO 4. It's got 80bhp over the Silvia type R and as much fun as the RWD Silvia might be, I might be better off with the extra grip of the EVO. I'd also worry that a Silvia might have had the arse drifted off it and have the diffs, gearbox and transmission worn to ****e. I'm probably far more likely to find an unmolested EVO.

I'm betting that even though the EVO has four doors there isn't really room for four adults in it? Being a Japanese saloon there's probably not much leg room in the back. There's probably not much difference in the mpg or service intreval of the two cars.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,196 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Should it not be an Impreza or Evo..

SubaruImprezaWRXSti.jpg

Not much difference in the 0-60 time, It's the corners where the Evo and Impreza shine.....I had an S14 and I prefer the subaru to drive, it's not as refined but by golly can it shift....

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

try to stretch to an evo 5 or an evo 4 with an evo 5 engine if you can, the engine in an evo 4 is meant to be a lot of trouble as I dont think its forged.

An silvia is more likely to be abused alright but if you went for the uk version, the 200sx you'll find alot of unbelievablely good examples over at http://www.sxoc.co.uk

as for which to pick its really what suits you there cars that I would consider two completely differeny beasts, try to get a few test drives in each and see what you think

• Registered Users Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

Should it not be an Impreza or Evo..

...or a GT-Four.....

I wouldn't rule it out but I've always preferred the Evo to the Scooby. Ta for the comments though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

dont touch an impreza, too much hassle imo.

as was said the evo 4 against an evo 5 is a huge difference.

if you can afford it pay the extra and get an evo 5.

was gonna buy an evo 5 this year or an s14.

ended up goin for an accord sirt for reliability..lol

• Registered Users Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

copeyhagen wrote: »
    as was said the evo 4 against an evo 5 is a huge difference.

Difference in price? I was looking at some advertised in England and the 6 and the 5 seem almost the same price but there's a nice drop to the 4. I was also looking at what price cars like mine are fetching. They seem to be going for 1500 less than they were six months ago. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭pmcf

check out this site they will help you with your questions about the evo http://www.irishmoc.org. im looking for a evo 5 at the min and prices have dropped a good bit but if you want a evo 4 make sure you get the engine checked as they can suffer from crankwalk

• Closed Accounts Posts: 368 ✭✭tv3

Ive had sti imprezas,subaru b4 legacys and then i had a evo 4 a few months ago.It was some car to go even quicker than both the subarus.I did have a problem which was it over heated twice.I went back the garage and they fixed it "not".then it happened again and i decided to just get rid of it but it was a great car with the room also.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 marktspud

• Closed Accounts Posts: 752 ✭✭✭JimmyCrackCorn!

Very different cars requiring very different driveing styles.

My advice would be drive both if you can find out which one you like the most and go with that.

Both have there advantages and disadvantages but it will be your choice any advice you get here for one car over the other is useless to you. This one will come down to personal choice as there both fantastic cars.

I would do my best though to go for an evo5 over an evo4. In the current market prices have gone through the floor.

Advertisement