Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend somewhere to live in Dublin

Options
  • 10-10-2008 11:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭

Hi,

I am just wondering if anyone has advice for somebody who will be moving to Dublin, working in the city centre, near Tara Street... and who doesn't want a long commute or to have to fight to get on a crowded bus / train etc... maybe you can recommend somewhere that is relatively quiet and safe to live in... maybe within walking / biking distance... thanks!!

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

Parnell Square

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

the ifsc is very near tara street

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭disssco

The Coombe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭BogWog

Sheriff street. Cheapest place you'll find in town. Not a bad place in the day time either.

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭sailorfoley

BogWog wrote: »
    Sheriff street. Cheapest place you'll find in town. Not a bad place in the day time either.

Probably the most unhelpful post i've ever read.

For the OP - sheriff street is known for being unsafe. Ranelagh and Rathmines are close to tara street if you are cycling. There is also the IFSC but this is a little pricey.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭musicinmouth

Thanks for your posts everyone, I really appreciate it!

Advertisement