Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ready built stone pillars...help!

• 10-10-2008 11:19am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20

hey. i am looking into buying ready built stone pillars. the reason im not building them from scratch is simply a time, cost and lack of good building stone issue. im in cork but i found a guy doing them in omagh and i was in the area so i went to check them out and they were of top quality construction, variety of stone / sizes / shapes. they were a great price and even including getting them delivered to cork, worked out cheaper and easier than the self build option.
    this is the link: http://northweststoneworks.com/ the problem is that any of the stone they had did not match that of our house and the numerous sheds and garden walls we have, and would have looked completely out of place.

does anybody know of anyone else providing ready built stone pillars anywhere else in the country that i could take a look at. ive tried online but can’t come up with anything. the stone im looking for is that purplish sandstone predominantly but anything considered.

much thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,546 ✭✭✭✭Poor Uncle Tom

I passed a place yesterday in Carlow that does them, didn't get the name, anyway, the point I wanted to make is I think in your case it would be of greater benefit to build these piers from scratch, specially as you want to compliment a host of other stonework around your grounds. The mason can match colours, scales and details from the existing stone areas in the new works, imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 mr president

thanks for the reply. what we were thinking of doing as an alternative is building them in the garage and transporting them out to the entrance gate (250 mertes). we have a b and b so we dont want the entrance to be a building site for too long. i think this will work and it allows a nicer working enviornment out of the rain to achieve some perfect pillars. ill try a search for that place in carlow anyways and any more suggestions welcome.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 Mallini

Hi Mr. President,

Try Stoneage in Co. Limerick (http://www.stoneage.ie). They should be able to sort you out .......

No association with the company.

Advertisement